Himeaimichu

What exactly happened to Byakura?

Anyone remember Byakura? You know, that really influential Folk Metal VisualKei* band with the female vocalist and no official guitarist that influenced Kiryu, GossiP and Memento Mori? In fact, GossiP's old band, JyuLie, even appeared on a collaboration single with Byakura. Yeah what exactly happened to them? Their last 2 releases were a year apart, and they just simply disappeared some time in 2013, with no announcement of disbanding. Also, their official website is now nonexistent. Does anyone know exactly what happened to them? xD

If no one really knows the truth, if anyone has any theories, please do share them too (But don't use any theories from Tanuki (ew) )

* I'm trying not to refer to them as AnguraKei, because I don't want to start an argument over the definition of AnguraKei

Edited by AimiGen7

They went on hiatus back in March of 2013 (you can see an announcement posted on vkdb). When I saw them live in January of 2013, there were only maybe 5 other people at the concert and out of everyone, I was the only one there for them :x I know they had been active for quite a long time (since 2005, I think), but it seems like they just never gained any popularity at all and decided to call it quits. As far as I can tell, all of their members retired from the music scene as well.

4 minutes ago, Biopanda said:

They went on hiatus back in March of 2013 (you can see an announcement posted on vkdb). When I saw them live in January of 2013, there were only maybe 5 other people at the concert and out of everyone, I was the only one there for them :x I know they had been active for quite a long time (since 2005, I think), but it seems like they just never gained any popularity at all and decided to call it quits. As far as I can tell, all of their members retired from the music scene as well.

Oh wow. It's weird how they never got popular, even though they were very influential, and paved the way for GossiP and AvelCain, which probably have a spot on some of the most popular neo-VisualKei bands. 

On 11/30/2016 at 11:13 PM, Biopanda said:

i wonder if the 5 other ppl were the guys in kiryu :o

10 hours ago, Biopanda said:

I can only wish so, because they were all super nerdy looking otaku guys.

I'm putting my money on them being the members of JyuLie/GossiP xD Either that or the members of Orochi. (I at least think Orochi was still a full band at that time.)

44 minutes ago, AimiGen7 said:

I'm putting my money on them being the members of JyuLie/GossiP xD Either that or the members of Orochi. (I at least think Orochi was still a full band at that time.)

Orochi was definitely a full band at the time(I had seen them live a week or so before that), but I dunno... these guys looked like they came right off the streets of Akihabara XD

6 hours ago, Biopanda said:

Orochi was definitely a full band at the time(I had seen them live a week or so before that), but I dunno... these guys looked like they came right off the streets of Akihabara XD

Yeah, and also knowing you were the only one there for Byakura, I don't think it would be either them, or JyuLie, on second thought. xD

2 hours ago, TomoMAD said:

I always wonder what happened to them, since i love visual kei i love them :(, and i will love them forever <3 :'(

Same. I still listen to them all the time~