Sign in to follow this  
Rosebetz

the GazettE-PLEDGE

PLEDGE - while not the most original work; very catchy. out of the 4 songs they've released for this next album (before i decay, shiver, red, and pledge), THIS SONG IS THE BEST OF THEM! not saying too much, but this gives me hope for the album. This also has to be one of the most beautifully structured ballad they've done. All the changes up in this song make it incredible which is something Gazette hasn't done before for 6 minutes. Not a lot of bands can even change the song up for 3 minutes. Very catchy. The only problem I have with this song is Ruki's vocals. He doesn't sound as emotional as prior ballads. It comes off as more of an 'act' instead of genuine emotion. Still decent. 3/5

The True Murderous Intent - Just b/c there are females in it singing poppy and doing fillers in the background doesn't make it FITB pt 2. They've had lots of songs with women in the background (Stack Rubbish was full of it). Really dug this song though Ruki sounds like he gave up singing; he's just not putting his heart in any more and I can tell. The intro is really awesome sounding. Really cool first verse instrumental. There is some fucking awesome guitar things going on behind Ruki's vocals. 4/5

Voiceless Fear - Thought it was a ballad. Couldn't be more wrong. I was so surprised when it changed over. The ladies sound great with Ruki's voice in the beginning. Main riff sounds like a cooler version of Shiver. Reita stars in this song for me. His bass line just sounds so fun to play. The song overall is not that great to me. Kind of got bored with it after a little while. Too repetitive. 2.5/5

Overall: 3/5. Definitely the best of the singles they have released after DIM overall. I actually enjoy the B-sides unlike the other singles. But this is still not good enough to make me jump for joy. As I've stated before, this is seemingly going to be a bad Stacked Rubbish (this coming from someone who loved Stacked Rubbish). Gazette might need to take a little hiatus like Deluhi so they can come back stronger. I know Ruki had vocal problems so maybe he can't sing as good as he use to but it seems like he has given up on the songs. Like he doesn't even try to put in emotion and it leaves me a bit disconnected from it to be honest. Uruha and Aoi continue to do fun interesting things with their guitar and even Reita (who by the way is my fav. Jrock bassist) got some good praise for fun basslines, but the drumming was kind of blah...except for the synth drum tracks. Just decent.

Sorry for this but... SO DAMN BORING, uninspiring and generic. Nothing stands out at all, nothing new, BORING.. (like the last few singles).

3/10 for a few quite cool instrumental parts, otherwise 0/10.

Please disband gazette, now.

dude u dont like gazette that's cool, u dont have to listen to them. But there are alot of people myself included that still love gazette and would hate it if they disbanded

*On Topic

I enjoyed the single 8/10

PLEDGE - Just boring and way too long. Ruki sounds incredibly whiney in the chorus. It's got nothing to their other ballads, absolutely nothing. 1/10

THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT - Ruki needs to get his OLD girls back, these women just sound annoying. They don't annoy me that much, though. This is like a combination of Filth in the Beauty and Before I Decay. I like both of those songs but the combination of it isn't that great. I still like this track though. 8/10

VOICELESS FEAR - Another ballad? An up tempo song would've fit better in here. Oh wait it gets up tempo. Ever since they changed labels Ruki's voice seems to sound a little...different? I don't know what it is, it sounds more "clear". I find the pre-chorus to be incredibly crappy. The slow parts make me vomit, seriously. Instruments are good but Ruki screws it up. Rest is ok though. 6/10

PLEDGE: Not their best ballad, but I enjoyed it. 7.5/10

THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT: Nice heavier track, very similar to FITB, way inferior, though it seems to end really fast. Could been a bit longer. 7.5/10

VOICELESS FEAR: The best song from this single. Different, sad song. Loved it. 8.5/10

I kinda liked "THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT" even though it sounded extremely simialr to "filth in the beauty" (maybe that's why I like it)

Neither their best nor their worst release.

Overall I'd give it 6.5/10 points

It's been over a year.

PLEDGE- It's not the same it was then but I can still listen for the orchestra, Ruki's singing, the guitar solo and the acoustic guitars. It's still a pretty good song though

THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT- Hated it before, now I love it. I get a rush out of playing it on guitar and the riffs are fun as hell to play and they sound cool.

VOICELESS FEAR- By far my favorite slow b-side. It has a sort of curveball still to it as I think and I love it. Hell, it was an inspiration of mine and I used it to write a song. I absolutely love this song and I can listen to it anytime.

Sign in to follow this