Sign in to follow this  
anieresus

[Review] DELUHI - The Farthest

Mmm yeah, now that you mention it. They sound a bit slow and half-assed in Revolver Blast though. Leda constantly reminding me of that lump of shit Dragonforce doesn't help much either. Sounded brilliant in this though. Both of them.

Loved it. Leda + Sujk's blastbeats is a win combo. Better than Frontier by a mile. Better than most of their songs since Jagannath by a mile.

More vk blastbeats plz.

...and I had intended to completely ignore this single. DAMN YOU.

I'd give it a passing grade, 5/10.
I think I'm going to transfer to a college from wherever you're at if a 50% is a passing grade :)

I'd give it a passing grade, 5/10.
I think I'm going to transfer to a college from wherever you're at if a 50% is a passing grade :)
Aren't some european education systems like that? The whole 75% [and letter grades in general] being average doesn't really make much sense if you think about it. How did it become a standard? There are those that prefer 50% being average, but I just can't get into it though I try! [and many people are actually going to the 3s and the likes these days, so the whole range has expanded, making things even more complicated...if you try to compare]

Rambling on nonsense. The system I like most is 'I will listen again', or 'pass'. An in-between makes no sense.

...as expected, everyone's still giving them mixed signals. And fyi you can't blame Juri for the english lyrics as Leda writes EVERYTHING.
Leda,please...write in JAPANESE f*ckin' HOMO(?)

...as expected, everyone's still giving them mixed signals. And fyi you can't blame Juri for the english lyrics as Leda writes EVERYTHING.
Leda,please...write in JAPANESE f*ckin' HOMO(?)
What?

The song felt really really weird and ...how to say it? Forcefully put together maybe. I liked the metally parts, but it just feels like they tried to do something "omg epic!" and it came out as a hectic song not knowing what to do.

Oh well, I'm still anticipating their next song! They are a good band, so I still have faith in them. :)

Basically a 5.5/10 would be average and a just passing mark. Because you generally never give a 0/10.

5 and 6 are the middle grades. So 5 is not a passing grade but 6 is.

Anyway, rate however you like.

If I have to keep the song a rating, it would be a 3/10. Just because I still think it sucks. Only plus is they show they can play their instruments. But the song itself is sloppy and the vocals are horrible.

wow as I hit the topic I thought that I would be like one of the only ones who didn't like the song xD

I also think that it's kinda boring~ I hope that they'll get better again :\

Loved it from the first time I heard it. IMO it's 1 of the best songs they've released, I've been disappointed with a LOT of their previous releases, but this blows them all outta the water. Good work Deluhi, keep it coming!

This song reminds me of something but I'm not sure what... Oh well... They've done way better songs imo. But I think this song's ok, I don't hate it or anything.

Hmm... I've only listened to it a few times, so I can't give a full review yet. I'm not sure what I think of it, but right now I think that it's an okay song, I still don't know if I prefer this or Frontier. As of right now, I like The farthest better.

It gets a little slow at some points, but that's not necessarily bad. It reminds me of Living Dead and NO SALVATION in that aspect.

The only bad thing about it is that it's 6 minutes long, and I tend to dislike longer songs.

I'll give it a 6/10. My opinion might change completely later and I may give it either a 1 or a 10. Time will tell.

I'm not quite sure do I like it or not. I'm glad that they still do something different from their "hit songs" like REVOLVER BLAST (god it was boring) but this isn't very well done. Some parts are just badly mixed up and boring. But still this kicks -Yggdalive-'s ass and double bass sounds nice. I hope they will continue this kind of way.

Overall: 7.5

Ok, so I want old Juri back and Deluhi's Baby Play style again.

OOOO, yeah, i saw on u2b that people say the drummer (he has a name?) uses trigger pedal or trigger bass, i don't know anything about drumming, can someone say it that is true or not? I saw some videos about that, and the difference between with trigger and without, but in the song... :/

i only heard "the farthest" so far and at the beginning i was ryl psyched 'bout the drums but then the whole turned pretty cheesy/soft and i got confused xD didn't know what to think 'bout the track but i remember it wasn't bad, just.... strange.... somehow they sounded to me like a western band but then at some parts pretty jap/jrock again

At first listen, the intro coming in fast and heavy especially in the drums is one of the most wicked beginnings to a song I've ever heard. Then, when it reached the lyrics "There's no turning back" and slowed down the pacing of the song, my enthusiasm for the song lessened. But there will be those times when songs eventually grow on you, and this became one of those songs, for I accepted completely the parts that would slow the pacing down. IMO, the transition into slower segments feel natural now.

With that said, "the farthest" has become an instant DELUHI essential in the eye of this beholder, and hopefully to the rest of you. Challenge yourself to accept the pacing changes, and you can rank this up there next to "HYBRID TRUTH" "Recall 2009 (yea that's right the re-recording owns the original)" "Two Hurt 2009 (mmhmm by all means challenge what I said there too haha)"

Sign in to follow this