echo

hey there

Heyyy it's been a while since I've been part of a forum. I randomly feel really nostalgic for Anti-Pop (was anyone here active there when it was around?) and did a search for jrock forums and Monochrome Heaven popped up lol. 

Anyway, I've somehow managed to get myself to Japan and have been living here for the past three years. Even though I've been on my own in a foreign country for so long I still don't really feel like an adult haha

I basically just go to as many lives as possible :DD at the moment I'm super obsessed with TRA TRA TRA although I can't seem to find anyone else who's half as interested in them as I am T_T 

Here are some bands I like for those of you who are curious:

★ the GazettE
☆ TRA TRA TRA
★ ALSDEAD (on hiatus)
☆ SCAPEGOAT
★ xTRiPx
☆ RevleZ
★ GYZE
☆ FEST VAINQUEUR
★ Crossfaith
☆ EAT YOU ALIVE

★ DELUHI

I’m always looking for new bands, so feel free to suggest any!

Edited by echo

Hello, welcome to MH!

I like tra ta tra as well :D From your list I also enjoy xtripx, alsdead, and some songs of fest ^^ do you like vk bands with rap elements? if so you might want to check out the music of FoLLoW :3

Hope you have a great time here!

2 minutes ago, hiroki said:

Hello, welcome to MH!

I like tra ta tra as well :D From your list I also enjoy xtripx, alsdead, and some songs of fest ^^ do you like vk bands with rap elements? if so you might want to check out the music of FoLLoW :3

Hope you have a great time here!

Thanks for the welcome!

pretty much any VK band that has rap influence is instant love for me.... assuming that the rap is actually good. Sometimes I wish they would just not. haha

Thanks for the recommendation!! I'll definitely check them out!

I wish bands would stop naming themselves such generic English words. it definitely makes it harder to google them lol

8 minutes ago, echo said:

Thanks for the welcome!

pretty much any VK band that has rap influence is instant love for me.... assuming that the rap is actually good. Sometimes I wish they would just not. haha

Thanks for the recommendation!! I'll definitely check them out!

I wish bands would stop naming themselves such generic English words. it definitely makes it harder to google them lol

hahaha i definitely feel you XD FoLLoW's youtube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialFoLLoW

btw you might also want to check out Purple Stone's アオイヤミ ^^ i have a feeling you might like it as well :D

Ooooooh do I see a fellow Crossfaith fan? :D Also still crying over xTRiPx, EYA, and Deluhi. 

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions anyone with a red or blue name is happy to help.

I've never listened to TRA TRA TRA before, anything your recommend?

7 hours ago, hiroki said:

hahaha i definitely feel you XD FoLLoW's youtube channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialFoLLoW

btw you might also want to check out Purple Stone's アオイヤミ ^^ i have a feeling you might like it as well :D

thanks!! I'm listening to their song Music Garden now! I like what I hear so far :D

I'll look up Purple Stone too! I'll have to go find both of these bands and see them live. I think the impression a band gives me live makes a huge difference in how I feel about them lol. like I saw Tra live and instant love/obsession. They even brought me to the dark side of buying cheki haha

7 hours ago, Mihi said:

Hi welcome to the forum. I like TRA TRA TRA, ALSDEAD, FEST VAINQUEUR, AND DELUHI too!! 

Yay! I'm glad I'm finding people who like similar bands!! I'm sad that Alsdead is on hiatus now though T_T Tra is filling the void for me haha 

Did you hear that Juri and Aggy made a new band together? I haven't listened to them yet, but I heard they're really good. Leda and Sujk made a band together too. They're fun live, but I'm not all that into the sound. 

7 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Welcome.

Join us for some dubtrack going on all day here.

Thanks! I will :D

5 hours ago, doombox said:

Ooooooh do I see a fellow Crossfaith fan? :D Also still crying over xTRiPx, EYA, and Deluhi. 

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions anyone with a red or blue name is happy to help.

I've never listened to TRA TRA TRA before, anything your recommend?

Yes you do!! I never got super into them, but I do listen to them quite a bit. Hopefully I can see them live some day!!

haha yeah me too T__T so many good bands disbanding...

I recommend all of Tra's music!! haha it's hard to pick just one.... a song that they've played at every live recently is メルト though.

I also really like We-KID :D

1 hour ago, Hakari said:

Sweet

Welcome!

Thank you!! ^_^

Edited by echo

WELCOME!!! How is it living in Japan? I also lived their for two years and I may be going back next year if I think I want to so far I think that's a yes but will see. Out of all the bands you have put up Crossfaith is the only one I havn't really listened to but the rest I love, especially the GazettE, Alsdead, Scapegoat, xTripx, Revelz, Eat you alive, and Fest Vainqueur. Hopefully if I do go back to Japan next year we could meet at a live since I didn't really know anyone that liked going to lives in Japan since it's not too big in Japan itself. I digress I hope you love it here ^_^

2 minutes ago, Dogprince21 said:

WELCOME!!! How is it living in Japan? I also lived their for two years and I may be going back next year if I think I want to so far I think that's a yes but will see. Out of all the bands you have put up Crossfaith is the only one I havn't really listened to but the rest I love, especially the GazettE, Alsdead, Scapegoat, xTripx, Revelz, Eat you alive, and Fest Vainqueur. Hopefully if I do go back to Japan next year we could meet at a live since I didn't really know anyone that liked going to lives in Japan since it's not too big in Japan itself. I digress I hope you love it here ^_^

Thank you! Wow I'm glad I've found so many people who are into the same bands as me within only a few hours haha

Living here is pretty great! Sometimes there are cultural differences or just things in general that annoy me, but I'm sure I'd find that anywhere I go haha. Summer here SUCKS though T_T I will never get used to this humidity x_x

Where abouts in Japan did you live when you were here?

For sure! if you come back to Japan let me know! Going to taiban lives alone really sucks haha 

2 hours ago, echo said:

Yes you do!! I never got super into them, but I do listen to them quite a bit. Hopefully I can see them live some day!!

haha yeah me too T__T so many good bands disbanding...

I recommend all of Tra's music!! haha it's hard to pick just one.... a song that they've played at every live recently is メルト though.

I hope you get to see them too! I've always wanted to get to see Crossfaith in Japan since the concerts look even more intense. I've caught them when they play in the US, but its always for a pretty small crowd so I'm sure its not the same. 

TRA TRA TRA sounds really cool! Nice blend of genres, I'll keep an eye out for their future releases! Thanks for sharing them with me. :) 

1 hour ago, doombox said:

I hope you get to see them too! I've always wanted to get to see Crossfaith in Japan since the concerts look even more intense. I've caught them when they play in the US, but its always for a pretty small crowd so I'm sure its not the same. 

TRA TRA TRA sounds really cool! Nice blend of genres, I'll keep an eye out for their future releases! Thanks for sharing them with me. :) 

I'm sure they're fun even at a smaller venue ^^ I'll let you know how it is if I ever get a chance to go!

Yay! I'm glad you like them!! I made a fan page for them one night when I couldn't sleep if you wanna take a look lol https://unneverend.wordpress.com/

2 minutes ago, echo said:

I'm sure they're fun even at a smaller venue ^^ I'll let you know how it is if I ever get a chance to go!

Yay! I'm glad you like them!! I made a fan page for them one night when I couldn't sleep if you wanna take a look lol https://unneverend.wordpress.com/

It's definitely still fun. They have great energy. 

Oh cool. Did you translate the lyrics there as well?

3 minutes ago, doombox said:

It's definitely still fun. They have great energy. 

Oh cool. Did you translate the lyrics there as well?

I bet!

The lyrics for Melt? Yes I did! I have a translation blog that I am sporadically active with lol I was translating a lot of Alsdead stuff until they went on hiatus.. Tra is filling the void so I was super into translating their stuff, but lyrics are exhausting for me so I haven't started on any of their other songs yet lol

29 minutes ago, Nagisa said:

Welcome! I really like the GazettE too! Have you been to any of their lives?

Thanks! Yes I've been to a bunch! I went to their FC only tour last year when they played all their old songs ^^

9 minutes ago, echo said:

Thanks! Yes I've been to a bunch! I went to their FC only tour last year when they played all their old songs ^^

Nice! I've always wanted to see them in Japan but I was able to see them in San Francisco a few months ago.

Just now, Nagisa said:

Nice! I've always wanted to see them in Japan but I was able to see them in San Francisco a few months ago.

If you ever see them in Japan you should definitely go to an all standing live as well as one in a bigger venue with seats. Totally different atmosphere. 

How were they in San Francisco?? I really wanted to see them in America when they went!! I always knew they'd go there while I was here haha. Was it a pretty big venue?

58 minutes ago, echo said:

If you ever see them in Japan you should definitely go to an all standing live as well as one in a bigger venue with seats. Totally different atmosphere. 

How were they in San Francisco?? I really wanted to see them in America when they went!! I always knew they'd go there while I was here haha. Was it a pretty big venue?

It was pretty small. Everyone was standing, although I know some of the other venues they went to in the US were bigger. But that meant I was able to get pretty close to them. It was actually the first concert I ever went to and I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was intense and it was something I'll never forget.

4 hours ago, Nagisa said:

It was pretty small. Everyone was standing, although I know some of the other venues they went to in the US were bigger. But that meant I was able to get pretty close to them. It was actually the first concert I ever went to and I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was intense and it was something I'll never forget.

wow nice! Gazette is definitely a great first concert to go to ^^ I'm glad you had such a great time!

Hey! Since I stumble upon your lyrics of ALSDEAD, I thought I might welcome you to the forum as well!

I also like Deluhi, the GazettE and of course ALSDEAD.

I have many bands to suggest, lately I've been into Para:noir (now it's D.I.D.)

If you like power metal, you can try Galneryus. 

There's also THE BLACK SWAN which is nice, if you ever listened to Nega.

Feel free to ask for other bands! And have a great time here!

8 hours ago, Alsdead14 said:

Hey! Since I stumble upon your lyrics of ALSDEAD, I thought I might welcome you to the forum as well!

I also like Deluhi, the GazettE and of course ALSDEAD.

I have many bands to suggest, lately I've been into Para:noir (now it's D.I.D.)

If you like power metal, you can try Galneryus. 

There's also THE BLACK SWAN which is nice, if you ever listened to Nega.

Feel free to ask for other bands! And have a great time here!

haha thanks!! Have you ever seen ALSDEAD live?? ^^

ooo I'll try both those bands!

I've heard of THE BLACK SWAN! I saw them live a few times!

14 hours ago, echo said:

haha thanks!! Have you ever seen ALSDEAD live?? ^^

ooo I'll try both those bands!

I've heard of THE BLACK SWAN! I saw them live a few times!

I wish I would of seen ALSDEAD live lolz. I live in Canada and never went to Japan, they did came to USA but I wasn't able to made it.

I presume you saw them live a lot? :)

The only jrock band I saw live was Dir en grey in 2008 and it was purely amazing!

For Para:noir, I suggest lily of the valley, identity, December 24, Nihilism, blindness MARIA and merciless sorrow -666-.

For Galneryus, Quiet Wish, Alsatia, Angel of Salvation, Everlasting, The Flag of reincarnation, Wind of change, Silent Revelation.

On my profile I wrote some of the band I like, you may or may not find some that you don't know!