Pretsy

Post your Japanese all-time top 50/100 list! -2016 edition-

@Carmelzors- tons of cool picks on your list, and some that we share in common! Pleasantly surprised to see stuff like めめ and ゑでぃまぁこん mentioned since you don't see acts like this brought up very often. " EGO-WRAPPIN' AND THE GOSSIP OF JAXX" I also wanted to include, but I went with "merry merry" since we could only do one album per artist - and I can't really choose between the two!

@indigo - also fantastic picks. I FREAKING FORGOT TO INCLUDE OWARIKARA!! Was going to include "door tachi", but apparently I got mixed up somewhere along the way and forgot about it. fffffff. I didn't include THE BACK HORN, but if I did, THAT would be the album!!! SuiseiNoboAz, jinmenusagi, Boris, Merry, EVISBEATS...the list of goodies is endless.

@hiroki- I think the only album i've listened to from yours is DIV's "zero one". Gonna miss those guys!

@plastic_rainbow- very nice list. I wanted to include three releases by THE NOVEMBERS too, haha! "to (melt into)" is would DEFINITELY be in my top too!

@beni &  @doombox - also great lists! I was gonna make mine in a similar fashion at first, but then changed my mind. 100 is a bit more restraining than I thought it would be - now that I finished, i'm remembering all the stuff I forgot to include. XD Maybe I'll do another in the future, so I can go ham with all the different releases I love by the same artists too.

Really cool to see everyone's respective tastes! :D

8 hours ago, CAT5 said:

also great lists! I was gonna make mine in a similar fashion at first, but then changed my mind. 100 is a bit more restraining than I thought it would be - now that I finished, i'm remembering all the stuff I forgot to include. XD Maybe I'll do another in the future, so I can go ham with all the different releases I love by the same artists too.

Really cool to see everyone's respective tastes! :D

Right? Its really difficult. I'm still planning to do this again. But ahhhh narrowing down a single favorite from some artists is gonna kill me. lol. *clutches chest*

Great list though. Just when I thought I knew you well enough to assume I'd recognize most of the artists there, turns out, not true! lol. You really listen to a ton of stuff, how on earth do you manage it? XD 

rev42.jpg?dl=1

I realized like halfway through the default was Top 42... so I left it at that heh.

Probably changes a bit weekly of course. Each tier is not in order (other than vaguely alphabetical).

Biggest omission I notice is no Kagerou... I loooooove their early singles but they don't have any albums I'm that excited about. Oh well.

I definitely have boring VK tastes.