Takadanobabaalien

凛 (lin) 1st vs 2nd period

Which do you prefer?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 1st period
    • 2nd period

Simple topic which I thought would be interesting. Which period do you prefer, and why?

1st period

ce52561e731a46dd82313e1fe870e3c1.jpg

Vo. Riku

Gt. Mizuki

Gt. Kanata

Ba. KISAKI
Dr. REIYA

2nd period

9ce8801c5fac4afaca30596a6cd31502.jpg

Vo. Sui

Gt. Mizery

Gt. CERO

Ba. KISAKI
Dr. YUSHI

For me personally it's a very difficult question. I really like both periods, and I think if the 2nd period would have lasted long enough to release more material I probably would've preferred them. But as it is now, I have to go with the 1st period. 

Edited by Uglymouth

That is a really difficult question because both line-up's are really solid. I do agree with you I think I would have enjoyed the 2nd period far more if they lasted longer sadly they didn't get too far because they didn't go with the flow of the current vk scene. It's really quite sad to see a band fizzle out for that reason especially since Sui isn't planning on being in the scene anymore. But I do prefer the 1st period far more, I guess because they were a far more interesting mix to me than Megaromania with KISAKI and CERO.

1st period, mainly because I am Riku biased and I really liked Silent to my pain.

However, as a old fan of Megaromania I appreciated the second line up, but sadly I never gave them a true chance.

That's mean, I am fond of both line-ups. But at the end of the day, when I have to choose one, I prefer 1st period, hands-down. I love Riku's singing, and with Kisaki's music it was always perfect for me. (Mago remain one of my favorite bands to this day, so you can probably understand why I liked 1st period so much...)

Second period, although I do like both. While their time was comparatively less productive, they were consistently on-point, where as their first line up had a 50/50 chance for me to either like or strongly dislike a song.

"Silent to My Pain" unfortunately does not make up for a slew of uninspired or vapid songs like "Freedom," "Sterilization," "Fake Dance," "Foolish," and "Call Back." I am legitimately stumped as to why those songs are hits in Japan.

Plus, Phantasmagaromania is like a dream come true for me.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

1st period. Love Riku's voice, I never liked Sui's vocals. And they released such good songs during the first lineup! 2nd period isn't bad but idk their songs were different and just didn't do it for me, Misery was the only new member that made me stick to them tho, very good guitarist. 

6 minutes ago, Kiryu999 said:

1st period. Love Riku's voice, I never liked Sui's vocals. And they released such good songs during the first lineup! 2nd period isn't bad but idk their songs were different and just didn't do it for me, Misery was the only new member that made me stick to them tho, very good guitarist. 

I'm going to miss Misery so much if he doesn't do anything else after this. :( He was also one of my favorite things about 2nd period.

Edited by ryuhime

I love both .. but if I have to choose, I would say that the "first" period  because it reminds me of Phantasmagoria.. they are my favorite band ever.. çwç I love so much the voice of Riku! ^^ 

PS: I'm really sorry for Sui.. he is a very good singer.. I can not believe he seriously decided to retire from the music industry! T__T and now what will Misery? he has always been at the side of Sui for more than 10 years! I hope not also decide to retire because he is a great guitarist and I love his super melodic guitar solos! ;(