Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

MIYAVI new album "Fire Bird" release

First Miyavi song that's let me down since 2010.

Oh well, that's six-ish years at least. 

Started with ridiculous visual crap and ended with this weird amalgamation of noises, least there was something decent inbetween.

Glad I heard Afraid to be Cool and Raise Me Up before this latest track or I'd have written off the entire album before it came out.

Edited by NICKT

"She Don't Know How To Dance" sounds like it was on one of his previous albums. Or at least sounds very familiar. It's disappointing how same-y it sounds, but I'm glad he's still around anyway.

[CD track list]
01.Another World
02.Fire Bird
03.Dim It
04.Raise Me Up
05.You Know It's Love
06.Afraid To Be Cool
07.She Don't Know How To Dance
08.Steal The Sun
09.Long Nights
10.Hallelujah
11.Cocoon (included in limited edition)
11.Epic Swing (included in digital edition)

[limited edition DVD track list]
・Introduction to "NEW BEAT, NEW FUTURE"
〜「MIYAVI Japan Tour 2016 "NEW BEAT, NEW FUTURE"」STUDIO PERFORMANCE〜
・Cocoon
・Another World
・Raise Me Up
・Fire Bird
・Steal The Sun
・Raise Me Up (Teaser Video)
・Afraid To Be Cool (Music Video short version)

Edited by Trombe

Feels like his voice has been heavily modified since the Others.  I don't want to say auto-tuned but... It's like he's yelling through a megaphone or something. Fire Bird started nicely but once he began singing... BLGEH

He's gone down the deep end. What is this. I can't. I never thought i'd say this but I miss his early major work over this. :(

miyavi killing own carrer with this trash generic pop... I dont know why. Years ago i was afraid of how he start sing in english so often and now the shit is already done. I see what he think that the "music" him can be a hit outside Japan.  I dont see this and i dont know what the fucking he is doing with all this trash stuff. I really like him but with this music is impossible to hear him again. 

While this i wish to him "back to sing in Japanese and re-start again" 

I really love the old era <3

Edited by Delkmiroph

This album is automatically gonna be better than The Others because it has Afraid to Be Cool and Raise Me Up which I liked a lot, but these other two previews have been garbage. So we'll see what the rest of the album has in store, but I have barely any hope left for him.

On 10/8/2016 at 6:00 AM, Trombe said:

But should I enjoy this?? No. Writing this while I was just listening to an older song by him, Mamagoto, which now I am surprised that he on the past was so good and engaging...

Sign in to follow this