Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

LUNA SEA self-cover album "LUNA SEA" March 16, 2011!

LUNA SEA will be re-recording their classic first album "LUNA SEA" in its entirety, and they'll release it on March 16th. The special album will be released in these three types:

- Premium Box containing the CD + Shade demotape replica + premium goods

- CD + document DVD

- CD

Exciting!!! I'm really curious to hear how the album would sound now. :)

That sounds interesting. I even think I remember one of our users here proposing that they could do such a thing. Well, good for them. They can shove it in X JAPAN's face and show them how to do a revival right.

The album's already good as it is and there's no reason for this. Lame!

Might as well post this here:

??LUNA SEA】Everything began here. Legendary "LUNACY" will revive for one night!! An unprecedented "TOKYO DOME" FREE concert!!It's limited to 50,000 worldwide fans only and it's completely FREE.

Now this seems cool!

The album was epic already but I have a feeling it'll be even better.

I hope so too. It's not my fave LS album, but maybe the songs will gain some new depth by re-recording.

why are they re-recording their first album? Why not their best album "Mother"? Why not re-record all of their awesome songs that people love them for? This seems pointless.

why are they re-recording their first album? Why not their best album "Mother"? Why not re-record all of their awesome songs that people love them for? This seems pointless.

They'll probably do that a few months later...and the next...

Though for a band who seems to be pretty damn broke individually, a free concert at the Dome is generous. Wonder what the catch is.

I'm intrigued. The recording of the original album is kind of lame, so I guess there should be a few surprises here and there.

I suppose they chose this album as opposed to their later, more famous albums because those already exist in decent recording and production quality and wouldn't sound that much different after re-recording. Makes sense to me.

I hate this Kisaki-esque re-recording and remastering of songs that are barely a few years old and that don't sound any different afterwards at all. XD Sure, "Mother" etc, are already a bit older, but the difference will be much more noticable with "Luna Sea". Maybe this finally gives them the opportunity to record that album as they wanted back then, but couldn't.

It's also a good way to bring the first album closer to listeners who neglected it until now due the recording quality.

Wow. I wasn't expecting this at all. I'm very excited. As said before, the recording quality of that album wasn't very good... I'm very curious to see how this turns out.

does self cover means remastering and reinvent every single songs in it?

sounds interesting indeed.

maybe there will be new remix of songs there.

so it will be sounds up to date.

btw, i wish i am living in JP now. those free Tokyo Dome concert sounds so good!

I enjoy the idea of a self-cover album for them to give a stronger sound to their already-classic songs, but I honestly wish what they would've done instead is cover PERIOD their best-of album, but that's just me. Maybe they have more re-recordings to come, but I literally might buy this, just to support the band in their revival.

To those who say it's good as it is, yes the MUSIC is but let's face it their first albums had bad production as good as the music still was. Image and Eden could benefit by re-recordings as well.

To those who say it's good as it is, yes the MUSIC is but let's face it their first albums had bad production as good as the music still was. Image and Eden could benefit by re-recordings as well.

I agree, I feel that way about a lot of older music, how YES I GET IT THE MUSIC IS GOOD AND DOESN'T NEED TO BE REDONE but they're not redoing it, they're just recording it with better production, which pretty much all of 80's music can benefit from.

doutbing wich to pre-order

the one with the dvd (hope it contains footage of the bochum gig)

or the one with goods..

guess i'll go with the dvd for now, if the goods are any good i can always get that one later=)

Their first album was pretty weak quality-wise, so I think it's a great idea to re-record it. Kinda like a new beginning. Maybe they do it to get on the "Luna Sea-mood" to write new songs.

Sign in to follow this