Sign in to follow this  
blackdoll

5 people die from shoveling snow

Two more people died in New York City Saturday as a result of the mammoth blizzard that tore through the tri-state area, bringing the number of storm-related deaths to five.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo confirmed the deaths during a news conference Sunday morning. The five victims suffered heart attacks while they were shoveling snow.

"If you are old like me you want to think twice before you go out there and start shoveling," the governor said.
The NYPD reported around 7 p.m. Saturday that three people had died, one person on Staten Island and the other two in Queens, from shoveling-related heart attacls. It's unclear where the other two deaths took place.

source http://pix11.com/2016/01/24/5-people-die-from-heart-attacks-while-shoveling-snow-during-new-york-city-blizzard/

I always heard about old people having heart attacks and stuff, so I always go out and shovel the snow for everyone on my street. I used to do this all day and ask for money when I was a kid but now I just do everyone on my block for free, since they are all old geezers.

If you just go out first thing in the morning and do it fast it is really a workout so I can see how old people have issues.

It's more strenuous than people give it credit for.

especially when mixed with ice and wet

Sign in to follow this