Sign in to follow this  
Tony

[Sweden] Robyn

news_robyn01.jpg

Robin Miriam Carlsson, better known by her stage name Robyn (born 12 June 1979) is a Swedish recording artist and singer-songwriter. Robyn became known in the late nineties for her worldwide dance-pop hits "Show Me Love" and "Do You Know (What It Takes)" from her debut album Robyn Is Here (1997). Robyn entered Melodifestivalen 1997 as a songwriter with the entry "Du gör mig hel igen" (You Make Me Whole Again). The popularity of her #1 hit single "With Every Heartbeat", and subsequent album release Robyn (2005), brought her mainstream success worldwide. In January 2009 Robyn won a Swedish Grammis award for Best Live Act 2008.

Robyn released the first of a trilogy of albums to be released over the course of 2010 titled Body Talk Pt. 1, in June of that year, peaking at #1. It was her first album since Robyn. The album's lead single "Dancing on My Own" was released a few weeks prior to the album's release, and became a hit single worldwide. A follow up album, Body Talk Pt. 2, was released on September 6, entering straight at #1[2] of the Swedish chart, and the final album of the trilogy, Body Talk, was released on November 22nd, 2010 with the first single Indestructible.

Robyn has made the pop album of the year for me with 'Body Talk'. Any other fans?

i listened to her first album heavily when i was 5-6 grader :mrgreen:

t'was the time i reallly into her. good times. good times indeed.

haven't hear body talks, it got 3 chapters right?

will try to check it out.

but as for now, this is robyn still the best for me.

until later, maybe.

There are three EPs in the Body Talk series, but she's released a 'Body Talk' album which is a compilation of most of the songs from the three EPs. I'd check that release out as it has all the best songs. She didn't leave many songs out, only 6 songs missed out on the final album, a few of those only being acoustic versions of album songs.

Only heard part one, but I really enjoyed all of it. I keep forgetting about the other 2 parts, thanks for reminding me! She's so awesome!

I discovered her a couple of months ago and have heard the first two Body Part albums so far (plus Indestructible, of course), and I was impressed by how much there is to like in both discs. I actually like pretty much everything, including lyrics and the whole variety of stuff she pulls off (dancehall, folkish songs, etc), and she's easily the best pop artist to me this year too.

Sign in to follow this