Trombe

new band "the droop" has formed

Insightful post, hyura. Thanks a lot.

I hope they can somehow recover their web and twitter data and re-stablish themselves since mad magazine records did a great job listing them on all retailers and distributing that info all over the place. Their producers did an awesome job at pretty much everything, actually, with all those consecutive gigs with well known bands to promote the single release. Fingers crossed so the can channel back all that effort. 

What is more worriesome to me is how it affected the viability of the band. It seemed like he was fired on the spot by the band but he still was able to pull his scumbag antics such as ruining their on line presence... so I am affraid he was able to reach the band's funds. I hope they were able to evade the blow beyond internet assholery antics. I've waited like 4 years to have new decent Akira material and I don't want a con artist to make me wait another 3 or just make him retire for good. 

Then again, I am hopeful they were able to cut the infection soon enough.

Doing a whois on their OHP reveals interesting information. The site was created in early july, that fits the idea the band was formed in spring. It took them a while to get rolling so probably It will be the same now. 

Also the site status is clientTransferProhibited wich probably means they are not going to recover it... or at least not with ease or soon. It expires in a year, so rebuying it and taking control of it then is a posibility, just in time for launching the band again... if they can. 

Thinking about burnt expenses, it may be actually quite a bit of money. Their recording resorurces can be reused but they need new lyrics and vo.,  their PV raw cuts can be edited but new shots of a new vo. should be taken, so may as well re-record it altogether...  photoshoots and the artist book they were going to release  have to be redone entirely... so band's viability it is very much at risk even if "KIKU" was not able to straight up grab their money and run, wich is still possible.

Fingers crossed...