Sign in to follow this  
beni

Complementary voices (aka - voices you want to marry each other ^-^)

Have you ever heard a pair of compatible voices before? Yes? Well get match making then!

Complementary voices can be marrying off vocalist's voices with one another. Which voices do you think compliment each other perfectly and should be married off? Whose voices do you think should put 'a ring on it'? 

My first pick is Takanori Nishikawa x Kishou Taniyama.

230px-TMR_-_Naked_arms_~_SWORD_SUMMIT_pr 10860.jpg

Taka is the vocalist of T.M.Revolution and band Abingdon Boys School. Tani is the vocalist of the duo unit GRANRODEO. Both have distinguishable voices, as well as very obvious and strong vibratos. Both guys are well known for their rocking anime tunes. It makes the perfect match for my ears.

Want some more evidence? For your pleasure:

So, have you got any pairs you like the sound of being vocally matched together?

I've said this before, but I'd REALLY love to hear Yusuke Kobayashi (THE NOVEMBERS) and Fuyumi Abe sing together!

Yusuke

Fuyumi

I could think of more for sure, but those came to my head immediately!

I think a collaboration between Pocky from NOA and Shohei Iohara from SHANK would be cool. They were labelmates for a long time, and I've seen a lot of pictures of the members of NOA wearing SHANK merch, so I guess it's not surprising that I see similarities between them, but I feel like the contrast between Pocky's softer/more emo vibe and Iohara's more upbeat and aggressive style would be interesting.

Iohara

Pocky

Kyo's vocals don't really do much for me, but I could really hear him doing some of his "kyopera" with the added, ethereal vocals of Ichiko Aoba (青葉市子) on an eery and atmospheric sukekiyo track.

Examples of Ichiko's vocals:

I'd imagine that RY X from The Acid / HOWLING and Robin Aoki from downy could both work well together.

RY X

Robin Aoki

I've always wanted Kyo (well, Kyo from Dir/sukekiyo, duh) to collab with some female folk singer seeing as they'd greatly contrast each other:

Kyo

e.g. Akino Arai (Cat might disagree with this one but I cannot think of other female folk artists who would specialize in a bit "moodier" sets)

Sign in to follow this