Sign in to follow this  
beni

What music would you recommend to your favourite musician(s)?

Let's say you're on Twitter or Facebook and you had the sudden idea and courage to send your favourite singer/band a suggestion or even a link to a release (single, album, mini-album, compilation, whatever!) you think they'd enjoy. What would that particular release be and why? Would you suggest an artist you know they already like, or maybe a new one to them you think they'd enjoy? Maybe one you think sounds like them or one you think they've taken inspiration from? Maybe you just want to put another favourite under the spotlight in front of your other favourites and make them jealous? But for whatever reason, be it silly or serious, explain why. Language barrier doesn't matter here!

The one I have to contribute with at the moment is exposing Japanese indie band The fin. (unless they already know them) to English rock band The 1975. My reason for this is that as soon as I heard 'Night Time' by The fin., I got The 1975 feels, mainly because of this song I love from them. 

Knowing how Kisaki's moods can get, I would probably recommend him something by his personal favourite musical group of all time, "Dead Can Dance". This track, "Ocean" is haunting, heartwrenching, and mind-blowing. It can really take your mind off of stressful periods in life and pull you in its journey for a while.

Sign in to follow this