Sign in to follow this  
Mamo

Where is Kyotaro?

I was wanting to know if anyone had any info. on Kyotaro(ex.VolarK, THE EIGHT, Black:List). Last I heard he was in a band called "the new word culture" which turned out to be a session band then he became a host at club All Star. Does anyone know any new info. about Kyotaro really missing his music.

I hope for the sake of music that he retired. A vocalist was never worse at screaming or singing than this guy. He was just horrible!

He did some sessions with the new word culture, and sometimes was support guitarist for Kanabun, but that's all I know. I haven't heard anything of him the last few months. Who knows he'll show up again soon.

Also he wasn't the best singer technique wise, but he had a cool raw voice, could sing in tune(most of the time at least) and had some screams that sounded great. But who am I to question the opinion of someone who likes black metal vocalists, they're obviously great at singing.

Also he wasn't the best singer technique wise, but he had a cool raw voice, could sing in tune(most of the time at least) and had some screams that sounded great. But who am I to question the opinion of someone who likes black metal vocalists, they're obviously great at singing.

Someone who goes on about emotion being more important than skill or technique, no less! I'm not a fan of Kyotaro specifically, but I wouldn't say he was the worst singer I've ever heard.

As for doubting the opinion of someone because they listen to black metal, that's unfair too. Some black metal vocalists are great.

I hope for the sake of music that he retired. A vocalist was never worse at screaming or singing than this guy. He was just horrible!
But who am I to question the opinion of someone who likes black metal vocalists, they're obviously great at singing.
:gaga:

I never understood the fanbase he had around him. He wasn't good looking, didn't do some " really " emotional stuff that sad teenage girls could relate to like Kyo, and singing.... yeah.

Someone who goes on about emotion being more important than skill or technique, no less! I'm not a fan of Kyotaro specifically, but I wouldn't say he was the worst singer I've ever heard.

As for doubting the opinion of someone because they listen to black metal, that's unfair too. Some black metal vocalists are great.

I know, I was generalising and I did it on purpose.

He wasn't good looking, he wasn't a great singer, but he had live charisma and I liked his raw voice. I guess it's a matter of taste really.

Nachi's vocals for example, he can't sing for shit and keeps going out of tune, but I like his voice and I like it when eight's harmony vocals actually do turn out good(50% chance).

I never understood the fanbase he had around him. He wasn't good looking, didn't do some " really " emotional stuff that sad teenage girls could relate to like Kyo, and singing.... yeah.

actually i think in a way that's a proof he had good music. in other words he wasn't the classic kawaii guy that have fans just because of his looks.

illational is a really cool album,pretty good songs.i loved this album. about the emotional stuff his lyrics are pretty sad

Am I imagining things or is the new TW more hate-filled than the former one?

Also, Kyoutaro is freaking epic live. Or was, at least.

Am I imagining things or is the new TW more hate-filled than the former one?

Also, Kyoutaro is freaking epic live. Or was, at least.

Sure got that right. Both. He was pretty awesome live yea.

I might as well take this time to ask if anyone knows why he left both THE EIGHT and Black:List in the first place.

Also, semi-fan of Kyotaro here. He was virtually unlistenable up until illational, when he seemingly removed most of the phlegm in his throat and started producing pleasant sounds with it. Then his harsh vocals got slightly better in Black:List but he never really "fit" with that band as much as he did with THE EIGHT. Then he stopped singing.

I might as well take this time to ask if anyone knows why he left both THE EIGHT and Black:List in the first place.

Dont know about his reasons to join black:list, but he decided to leave black:list, because his family had financial problems. So he started to work as a host.

and no thats not rumors, he mentioned it at his ameba.

I was wondering if the member conflicts also had anything to do with it. I could have sworn I heard about a huge fight. I do remember TOMOZO being all emo about it saying "I will never take the stage with any of these people again" (or something to that effect). Somehow, I always had a feeling Kyotaro had something to do with it.

^ Well i dont know if he was honest with the other members. As far as i remember he created his new blog a few months after he left Black:list and then he mentioned his reasonings. So maybe he just didnt tell tomozo why he needs to leave.

京太郎 is still alive and a host, changing every month his hair colour and it seems he's going to be back. but I may be wrong

Dont know about his reasons to join black:list, but he decided to leave black:list, because his family had financial problems.So he started to work as a host.

and no thats not rumors, he mentioned it at his ameba.

wait what. kyotaro works in a host club??

He left eight in dec 2007 due to musical differences as usual. He never collaborated with the others again, while Nachi and co worked together in Haze and The Piass.

And yea, he left B:L for family reasons. And then he started working in a host club, doing occasional session lives.