Sign in to follow this  
enyx

凛として時雨 (Ling tosite sigure) new mini-album "es or s" release

凛として時雨 will release their new mini-album「es or s」on 2015.9.2. The Regular Edition will contain the main CD only, whereas the Limited Edition will also contain a 7 inch vinyl.

11745618_859464617434789_640128508073050

Disc 1
1. SOSOS
2. Mirror Frustration
3. Karma Siren
4. Tornado Mystery
5. end roll fiction

Disc 2 (7inch)
Side A: SOSOS

Side B: Mirror Frustration 

OHP

Facebook
Twitter

Definitely considering getting the version with the bonus 7", although I think they should have just tried to put the entire mini on a 10/12 vinyl (instead of only two tracks). :lol:

I think Pho's post needs an extension (Natalie.mu had some footnotes etc.):

(thx to ryusenkai @arama for translating)

this release was produced by the band during a roughly 2 week stay in Berlin, Germany and includes 5 brand new songs which were recorded at the legendary Hansa Studios, where famed European artists David Bowie and U2have worked in the past.

“es or s” is currently set to be sold in two different versions:  a Regular Edition which will include all 5 of the aforementioned tracks, and a Limited Edition which will be packaged with a 7-inch analog record with one track from the album on each side, liner notes written by the members themselves, a film-style photobook made by vocalist and guitarist TK, and an interview with the band conducted by famed music writer and Berlin resident Asanuma Yuka.  In addition, the band will also be going on a short nation-wide tour in September titled “Ling Tosite Sigure S.O.S. Tour 2015″ in support of this new release.

Also, everything inside the quote box above explains the title as well - "es" being a German word in this context and whatnot.

Thanks, trombe. It's definitely better than WHWH so far, but TK's songwriting has become so factory-line. I still enjoy it, though. haha.

Sounds like what you'd get if you took シークレットG and mixed it with TK's new-found writing sensibilities - basically painting by numbers. That riff at 0:06 is cool though, but I feel like I've heard the rest of the song many times before. Hoping for better from the rest of the EP.

Also, everything inside the quote box above explains the title as well - "es" being a German word in this context and whatnot.

Hast du es gehört?

- Was gehört?

Hast du ES gehört?

- WAS GEHÖRT?!

^ that's what I have wondered too for a long time since "getting back" into Ling thru TK's solo activities (aside from I'mperfect having a few decent numbers but that's all I guess).

Made me also think that WHY exactly his "solo career" was needed if HE is the one who almost exclusively (90%, the other 10% comes through Pierre and Miyoko's advising/sessions I suppose) pens/penned the whole Ling repertoire? He would have saved a good amount of those experimental warbles for later Ling ventures, e.g. "Contrast" would have been a very good single-song from Ling :(

Why do most good bands become so repetitive after a few releases? I used to adore Ling, but I don't need to hear 10 different versions of what's essentially the same song. 

It really seemed to start after abnormalize's success; I'm guessing they just realised how much commercial appeal their sound actually has and decided to just roll with it. It is getting very tiresome, though. I didn't mind too much at first because I thought that TK's solo project would make up for it (since film A moment and flowering were a lot more experimental by comparison) but since then he's taken that down more of a repetitive alt-pop direction too. 

Why do most good bands become so repetitive after a few releases? I used to adore Ling, but I don't need to hear 10 different versions of what's essentially the same song.

Honestly, it's probably just pressures of the industry. Ling has come a LONG way, but they haven't reached a level of success where they can just take it easy. Ling has been major for a while, but their name is just now becoming a brand - and their music ofc is the product for that band. When you've reached this point in the industry, creativity becomes less of a priority, and refining that product becomes the major goal. As much as we all love ling and want to hear them push themselves further musically, they're still in a business at the end of the day. TK doesn't have the luxury of waiting until inspiration hits to pick up his pen or guitar. They have a product to push.

You gotta give em credit, though. Even with the industry and all of its pressures and politics, they've managed to more or less stay afloat quality-wise. Unlike many other bands: 9mm, sfp, midori, massdre, etc...

But I feel what you're saying, though. Hopefully the rest of the mini album isn't fresh out of the "random ling song generator", heh.

Sign in to follow this