Sign in to follow this  
violetchain

Next Music from Tokyo vol 7 (Canada)

Is anyone else going to catch NMFT7? I'm going to the first Toronto show.

I'm not super excited about the line-up from the samples I've heard so far, but I wasn't any of the other years I went and I always ended up really enjoying at least one of the bands. Plus it's only $10, so I can drag my friends along without feeling like a jerk.

Bands: otori, PENs+, Atlantis Airport, mothercoat, OWARIKARA

June 12: Toronto @ Soybomb
June 13: Toronto @ Lee's Palace
June 15: Montreal @ Divan Orange
June 17: Vancouver @ Biltmore Cabaret
July 20:  Tokyo @ Shindaita FEVER

http://www.nextmusicfromtokyo.com/

Canada is quite lucky! I hear both mothercoat and OWARIKARA are fantastic live bands. otori, PENs+, and Atlantis Airport are still fairly young bands as far as I know, but I trust Steve's taste in music/live music, so I'm sure they will be worth it too.

Every year this tour comes along and I get ridiculously envious. Their organiser seems to have a great ear for music and an uncanny ability to pick out some real gems in the Japanese indie scene. Unfortunately, living in the UK, my ability to attend either the Canadian or Japanese shows is minimal :(

Canada is quite lucky! I hear both mothercoat and OWARIKARA are fantastic live bands. otori, PENs+, and Atlantis Airport are still fairly young bands as far as I know, but I trust Steve's taste in music/live music, so I'm sure they will be worth it too.

For sure, the bands he chooses are usually way more interesting live than the Youtube videos on the site make them seem, so I'm definitely still expecting a great show from all of them. :)

Did anyone stay for the whole Soybomb show?

I only got to see mothercoat and otori, unfortunately, since I missed my bus down, I had to take the train home and the soundchecks between bands ate up a lot of time, but they were both great. Had a lot of fun dancing to otori.

Sign in to follow this