I just realised I never made an intro post. I am the user Renge (named after Renge Miyauchi from Non Non Biyori, one of the few anime I've enjoyed recently)

I used to be way into anime and manga, but now I'm more into music. I still like anime and manga, but not as much as I did. I'm 18 y/o and studying Japanese as a minor at uni (in the UK - if anyone could tell me the best places to order VK CDs without the insane shipping costs to the UK, please let me know.)

I've only recently gotten into visual kei... sort of. When I was about 15 I had a brief period where I liked visual kei, but I can't even remember what bands I listened to, so I'm basically starting over. Music is a huge part of my life and there are tons of different kinds I like. I enjoy post-rock, post-punk, jpop (sometimes kpop, but not as much), emo (as in The Saddest Landscape, La Dispute, Touche Amore etc)... I'll try listening to anything that seems interesting, really.

My current favourite vk bands are Mejibray, Galeyd, DEG, Rentrer En Soi and D'espairsRay, but I don't know a ton of vk bands so I'll probably gain a lot more favourites as time goes on.

Anyway, my intro is dumb and I rambled a lot, so sorry for that :/

EDIT: my last.fm is miyauchi_renge if anyone wants to add me lol

Welcome to the forum officially! :3

Hope you enjoy all of your future time here. Also feel free to check out the user review and staff review sections of the forum, they're a great place to get ideas on what new music to check out~.

What level of Japanese are you at?

PS- your intro isn't dumb. I also don't see any ramblings!

Welcome to Monochrome Heaven! If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone with a red or blue name.

Also, nice VK favs selections. Even after being disbanded for so long, D'espa and RES still remain as two of my favorite bands.

Welcome!

That band list is A+. Love (and miss) all of those bands. 

We definitely have plenty of vk for you XD (and japanese post-rock, emo, and jpop in the general section) so have a look around and have a good time. :)

You listen to touché amoré, so I love you already!! Welcome !

:wan-44:

Where do you usually order your VK music? Cdjapan I guess?

I used to be way into anime and manga, but now I'm more into music. I still like anime and manga, but not as much as I did. I'm 18 y/o and studying Japanese as a minor at uni (in the UK - if anyone could tell me the best places to order VK CDs without the insane shipping costs to the UK, please let me know.)

Hey me. X'D Gonna hang about here in case someone who does buy music here in the UK answers too. ^^;; Sorry I can't be of help, only know CDJapan.

Cerially am glad you made an intro! After seeing that great thread you did, I was going to say hello there, aha. 

I've only recently gotten into visual kei... sort of. When I was about 15 I had a brief period where I liked visual kei, but I can't even remember what bands I listened to, so I'm basically starting over. Music is a huge part of my life and there are tons of different kinds I like. I enjoy post-rock, post-punk, jpop (sometimes kpop, but not as much), emo (as in The Saddest Landscape, La Dispute, Touche Amore etc)... I'll try listening to anything that seems interesting, really.

My current favourite vk bands are Mejibray, Galeyd, DEG, Rentrer En Soi and D'espairsRay, but I don't know a ton of vk bands so I'll probably gain a lot more favourites as time goes on.

Anyway, my intro is dumb and I rambled a lot, so sorry for that :/

I'm sure you'll find loads more favs here! Nice to see someone so open to music. x3 

I totally approve of MEJIBRAY, Galeyd, DeG... okay all of that list. <3 Nicuu!! 

Please enjoy the forum and catch you later! Also, please join us in the chat and plug whenever you'd like~

On a final note, not dumb or rambling at all. It was a lovely read.

What level of Japanese are you at?

Beginner level, starting intermediate in September

Where do you usually order your VK music? Cdjapan I guess?

I don't own any physical VK music, that's why I wasn't sure. I looked on Amazon but singles are about £20 each, and I'm sure there's somewhere cheaper than that.. I hope :/

Beginner level, starting intermediate in September

I don't own any physical VK music, that's why I wasn't sure. I looked on Amazon but singles are about £20 each, and I'm sure there's somewhere cheaper than that.. I hope :/

Take a look at http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/!!! Have a nice shopping!

This seems a lot more reasonably priced, I'm expecting the UK shipping to bump it up though x.x

Depends what you choose. I personally use AirMail all the time, my packages takes 7 days to arrive in France and I avoid customs fees (my orders are small, maximum 3 singles or 2 albums, depends the total amount). you have an option on each release page to check the total price with shipping, try that!