Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

THE TURTLES JAPAN (Kameda + Flumpool superband) new album "ELECTRONIC HUMANITY" release

THE TURTLES JAPAN, the superband consisting of Seiji Kameda (producer, known for his basswork in Tokyo Jihen) and Sakai + Yamamura (from Flumpool), will release their debut album titled "ELECTRIC HUMANITY" @8/4/2015, and "will mainly express "lack of natural traits in modern human relationships" by adopting EDM sound that *might* appeal masses these days" (pretsy's note: ummm...)

They also announced the arena tour with the same name

Promo pic:

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQCuCvgdN3TAdEaB&w=484&h=253&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theturtles.jp%2Fassets%2Fimg%2Fogp2.png&cfs=1&sx=0&sy=1&sw=1200&sh=627

No other details except that their single "It's Alright" will be included as well

source: ro69

I have no problem with bands adopting traits of EDM into their music so long as it feels natural and not forced. I'll give this a shot.

already sounds more interesting than anything flumpool ever did.

I remember liking that first video of theirs, so I'll check this out for Kameda's sake.

I have no problem with bands adopting traits of EDM into their music so long as it feels natural and not forced. I'll give this a shot.

Mind you that I am not on an EDM hate bandwagon either (even though certain J-acts/artists have shown unfortunately much lazier traits in their music when they began to embrace EDM, e.g. Capsule, Ayu...) - I actually umm-ed at the way band explained their new "soundscape", but anyways - crossing my fingers and hoping that Kameda will do something interesting with boys from Flumpool (which I unfortunately don't follow...didn't click yet, I guess?)

"It's Alright" for those who never heard of them before

+ protip: in case GEMA happens to country-block your videos (I think I witnessed someone complaining about this PV being Germany/NL-blocked? Idk), I strongly advise you to switch to jpopsuki.tv in case you want to enjoy (mostly) HD PVs without those SMEJ/Universal pests - no registration required!

Tracklist

01. It's Alright!
02. 10/10 
03. Jerassic 
04. 風花 
05. 十二単 
06. AB LOVE LOVE 
07. JAPANESE SPIRITS pile-up
08. ELE!!!

cover:

news_xlarge_theturtlesjapan_JK.jpg

Sign in to follow this