Sign in to follow this  
Menzo

Dir en grey EU Tour 2015

Haha I'll definitely be in the back with you next time ;D the experience was much better further back anyway and I still had a good view. I got to take loads of pics as well. I barely got to take any yesterday due to a lack of room. My shoulders have never felt so redundant :)

And tall people get annoyed with short people who feel entitled to go in front of you. Just because you happen to be tall does not mean that you should have to stand in the back, it's not like you can help it.

Just like you don't want people trying to guilt you about moshing, I don't like people trying to do the same because I'm tall.

Let's agree that it's all personal perspective and ours are on opposite ends of the spectra.

No one's gonna flame on them for playing Fukai @ Berlin only? (don't)

I expected vehement  "hurr they favored them over us"-commentary (nostalgic!) but phew, you guys are good :D

No one's gonna flame on them for playing Fukai @ Berlin only? (don't)

I expected vehement "hurr they favored them over us"-commentary (nostalgic!) but phew, you guys are good :D

Check my previous comments; they played it during the second London gig...hence the lack of vehement commentary ;D

Oh lol I see.

Random but something funny I thought of: they should play R TO THE CORE and see how fans would react (since that's one of the few songs that newer fanboys/girls rarely recognize and would really dislike 8D)

Oh lol I see.

Random but something funny I thought of: they should play R TO THE CORE and see how fans would react (since that's one of the few songs that newer fanboys/girls rarely recognize and would really dislike 8D)

I think I would explode if they played that song in London. I love it! :D

RED EM.

Fuck a Fukai (that performance was awesome btw. It reignited my interest for it. Been playing Kaoru's part on my Viper all last night, haha.)

RED MUTHAFAWKIN EM.

Excited for the show in Eindhoven tomorrow. Probably i wont see anything old there. Yeah i wanna see filth,red em,fukai,yurameki or anything else old. But im ok with the setlist full with arche songs. I don't expect they gonna play old shit since they just released arche and gonna play a lot of that.

Excited for the show in Eindhoven tomorrow. Probably i wont see anything old there. Yeah i wanna see filth,red em,fukai,yurameki or anything else old. But im ok with the setlist full with arche songs. I don't expect they gonna play old shit since they just released arche and gonna play a lot of that.

Since Arche's thematically placed in-between Vulgar and WtD, they will most likely play older songs from that era - and nothing much older than that btw :/

@umbra

BUT DIR EN GREY USED TO DRESS UP AS GIRLS THEY'RE PUSSIES!!!!!!

Since Arche's thematically placed in-between Vulgar and WtD, they will most likely play older songs from that era - and nothing much older than that btw :/

wut

if theres one place in DEG's discography arche should be put in terms of """""theme"""""" it should be between kisou & macabre

it has a weird experimental vibe that reminds me of those two

maybe its just the cover art

and +140389505 on them playing filth again

@umbra

BUT DIR EN GREY USED TO DRESS UP AS GIRLS THEY'RE PUSSIES!!!!!!

wut

if theres one place in DEG's discography arche should be put in terms of """""theme"""""" it should be between kisou & macabre

it has a weird experimental vibe that reminds me of those two

maybe its just the cover art

and +140389505 on them playing filth again

In what way?

The content's generally catchy, much more accessible compared to DSS or even Uroboros but it's still retaining the heavy-ish edge - you could say the same while comparing Vulgar or WtD to Kisou or Macabre for instance: the former albums certainly sport much more "digestible" content compared to the first-listen "clustershock" (a la portmanteau of "clusterfuck" and "shock", you name it) that latter releases (Kisou/Macabre) are known for.

edit: Dir has been always experimental, emmny - even MOAB had many occasions which standard -core/nu metal acts couldn't really think of putting in aside from oogabooga and bounce riffs.

Yes, the order in Arche is totes messy as me, Stallion and many others have pointed out many times- but not to the extent of being like "Kisou"-tier effed up. Songs aren't excessively lengthy either, and are rather simplified in a sense (e.g. Un Deux, STU). 

Visual-wise their theme is more or less back-to-2004 as well (feel free to disagree but that era surely made its pleasant comeback during Arche promos) - not to mention the main set of "surprise songs" (MINUS Gauze tour) they tend to play every now and then in their home country. 

You could actually form several conclusions based on my commentaries, but as far as I understood from members' personal views on how they rolled with Arche/post-Unraveling sessions (Haiiro no Ginka interviews), they certainly had Vulgar/WtD in their mind ("Kaoru-heavy" sessions made their comeback! It's been 10 years!). JUST MY CENTS THOUGH.

PS. it's also given these days that their post-MOAB albums are basically nods to their previous, specific efforts in one way or another, e.g. Uroboros being more of Macabre department and so on...

One thing I'd like to note is that the current SE is terribly boring... really doesn't do the job compared to say G.D.S or GAUZE -mode of adam-, there's no room for the crowd to get pumped up in any way.

One thing I'd like to note is that the current SE is terribly boring... really doesn't do the job compared to say G.D.S or GAUZE -mode of adam-, there's no room for the crowd to get pumped up in any way.

How I'd love to just have one live with GDS.

How I'd love to just have one live with GDS.

i seen it once. at Rock am Ring 2006.

but also that is the day that i did find out about them.

me and my friends where just standing that day at the mainstage because all day there where some awesome bands.

stone sour, alice in chains, tool, korn, deftones and also Dir en grey.

Band we didnt know but we don't wanna give up our place it the first area at the main stage becauz after Dir en grey...Deftones,Korn and Tool had to play.

Till now im still happy we didnt go check an other band at some other stage and keep standing at the main stage.

because thats the day i did hear,see them for the first time. before that i didnt know this band.

from that day(even it wasnt a really good show) it's my favoriete band.

2015-05-27 Eindhoven, Holland

Intro SE
Soshaku

Chain repulsion

Sustain the untruth

Un deux

uroko

tousei

rinkaku

Kuukoku no kyouon

fukai

Phenomenon

Behind a vacant image

Cause of flickleness

The inferno

Revelation of makind

Red soil

Saku

Hageshisa to...

Question: is that "new SE" something in the vein of "and Zero" or does it have some new elements compared to their other SEs? Details would be cool since Dir tends to showcase album intros VERY early (e.g. "sa bir" during Moab/Dozing promo tour)

Sign in to follow this