Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

Phaidia opens OHP + live plans + remastered album

'80s goth/post-punk/deathrock band Phaidia has opened their official website and will have one revival gig on 2014/12/26 as indicated there.

Lineup of the band:

vocals: Gilly (Phaidia)

drums: Yoshida Tatsuya (Phaidia, Ruins, Zeni Geva, etc)

bass: Nasuno Mitsuru (Korekyojinn, Fushitsusha, etc)

guitar: Nishimura Takaaki (Foxpill Cult)

http://phaidia.com/index.html

...maybe more to come? ;3

The band's classic album "IN THE DARK" has been remastered and re-released on 2015/07/08.

Holy fucking shit yes.

I am still looking for more material beside their 'In The Dark' record and the split with Gilles de Rais. But they're so impossible to find.

Their first super rare single ("Future Days") was posted on Tumblr a while ago, but it seems like it's been pulled now :/

Here's the title track though ...great stuff!

Hm, I wonder if Tatsuya Yoshida will be included in the lineup of the reformed PHAIDIA?

Would be kinda funny if he went all zeuhl on the drums á la RUINS :-D

Holy fucking shit yes.

I am still looking for more material beside their 'In The Dark' record and the split with Gilles de Rais. But they're so impossible to find.

^ I can't read much Japanese but this seems to be the lineup

6xw75x.jpg

...seems like the 2nd one is actually Yoshida? heh. Last name is Takaaki Nishimura btw, from FOXPILL CULT.

Also, thanks for linking that song! :)

edit: updated the band lineup in the 1st post.

So good to see them back. I really love them, Gilly has a really cool voice and their music is the kind of deathrock/Goth I enjoy (and it's done right).

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

Check out this awesome live vid they've just put up:

Kinda weird hearing Yoshida on such 'pedestrian' drums beats, haha. It's all cool tho.

That gave me a happy. Also proof that you can still have bands that can play that good beautiful classy vk sounding stuff. Love it and will have to look more into this band.

Gt.川口トヨキ(kawaguchi toyoki)(BACTERIA Vo.&Gt.&Prog.) has commenced to act as their stationary support Gt. since their live at Shinjuku MARZ at 2016/08/06

Sign in to follow this