Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Final Fantasy 13 coming to Steam?

I don't really get all the hate this game received. Sure it was pretty linear compared to previous entries, but the story was top-notch and the visuals were gorgeous. For the right price, I'd pick this up on PC too and see if it looks any nicer.

If it does end up making the port, could this mean FFXV might eventually come over too? I can only imagine how beautiful that would look. With a demo finally looking to see a release next year, we might actually be in the right decade to play it!

If it does end up making the port, could this mean FFXV might eventually come over too? I can only imagine how beautiful that would look. With a demo finally looking to see a release next year, we might actually be in the right decade to play it!

Nomura and co. are saying nothing conclusive yet but fans want it so badly.

Man, I really did want to like this new addition to the series but I never really could get used to the revamped battle system. I blame myself on that though as I'm was too impatient and disappoint to learn it, but It just felt icky the whole time, like some unfinished really great looking tech-demo FF style. Does the battle system get better with time?

Anyone that says FFXIII story is "top notch" wouldn't know a great story or plot if it hit them square in the face. That's the biggest problem with the XIII trilogy is the sheer inconsistency of the story, I felt like they were really trying to go for something great at the beginning but the longer it dragged on between games the more shit it became till eventually you end up with a mess of convoluted inconsistent can't tell what the hell is going on plot that is the Fabula Nova Crystallis trilogy.

Now this game coming to steam is really great for a variety of reasons... Most importantly because steam has a serious lack of support from Japaneses developers and even less when it comes to Japanese RPGs. Even though more and more JRPGs have been making their way over to steam it's still not that great. This will hopefully spur other developers to port their JRPGs to steam in the future :) Also I bet this game will look absolutely amazing on a high end PC xD

Anyone that says FFXIII story is "top notch" wouldn't know a great story or plot if it hit them square in the face.

OK maybe I was being a little enthusiastic, but there's no need to be so harsh. I enjoyed XIII's story for what it was, and what the sequels turned it into has nothing to do with the original game. I agree that XIII-2 took things in a strange direction and it wasn't anywhere near as engrossing as the first one, and as for Lightning Returns well, I haven't even played that one.

Also, it happened. You can pre-order Final Fantasy XIII on Steam for just £9.89 here in the UK, which seems like a reasonable price. Personally I'm going to hold off for now since I put enough time into it on PS3 however many years ago that was now. If it gets a sale cut I might be interested in playing it again.

The first game's story was great -- loved the looming sense of defeat for the first 1/2 of the game. 13-2 was a hot, campy, mess and once you stopped being like "JRPGS ARE SUPPOSED 二 B SERIOUS!!!!!" + muting your t.v. any time Noel opened his mouth, it became more enjoyable.

Yeah but XIII-2 also had the best battle system out of the three so... I'll take fun gameplay over story in this case. At least I'm having fun while i play the game and not bored out of my mind :D

Sign in to follow this