Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Food Stamp Program Discontinued

http://empirenews.net/government-food-stamp-program-to-be-discontinued-effective-2015/

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as the Food Stamp program, will come to an end March 15, 2015, according to Department of Agriculture executive Thomas J. Vilsack.

“A great portion of those 47 million people who received SNAP benefits have jobs that fly in under the radar, they get paid cash under the table, and obviously do not pay taxes. They are abusing the program,” said Vilsack. “This has painted us into a corner, we knew it was going on, we just didn’t realize the dramatic extent of abuse. We feel absolutely defeated. Now the families who need it and deserve it will go without. That is a tragedy. However the money is gone, the White House will not supply us further assistance. If you want to eat, you’ll have to go to work.”

President Obama, who worked with the Department of Agriculture in shutting down the program, said that the time has come for Americans to make their own way, and that the current system was obviously too broken to repair.

“It’s unclear how we can help families in need in the future because of those people who abused the current SNAP program,” said President Obama. “Sadly, we can’t do anything further for the actual needy at the moment. We simply asked that people be honest out of American pride, and our people have failed us. It is, to say the least, very disheartening.”

I had to stop at “It’s a damn shame our government can’t step up for us and pay for our food. I got five children that depend on it. I don’t know what I’m gonna do now. I guess I’ll actually have to get a job.” before I got too angry.

The sad fact is yes, People in America do abuse these things, however there are people who need these things temporarily. With the economy the way it is, it's hard for people to find decent jobs, if a job at all. 
It's a shame that people purposely take advantage of this program to the point that it has to make people who may need it suffer.

as for that quote, it's safe to assume "I guess I'll have to actually get a job" mean this person wasn't looking to begin with. You have to pay for child care while you work? Maybe you should have thought about that before have 5 kids. 

When you have children it is solely YOUR responsibility to provide for them, if you feel you cannot then there are plenty of options available even if you're against abortion. One, okay I get it it was a mistake that you're trying to make in to a miracle, Two, get your stuff together and start taking shit seriously how you gon fuck that one up twice. Any more kids after that that you honestly can't and won't provide for yourself.... Just close your legs. Please. Don't use your children as an excuse for your irresponsibility. : |

But if this person is consistently  looking for a job and is seriously that unlucky to not have found anything, then it's a shame they have to suffer for people who chose to live along the previously stated guidelines. 

People abuse such things everywhere. At least the one who need it are able to get help. Here they only help drunkards, who use that money to buy more alcohol... and people who need help, can't get it, because of stupid rules... so basically there's no welfare in my country, there are only booze stamps -___-

Sign in to follow this