Sign in to follow this  
Ada Suilen

Kamijo - Yamiyo no Lion

This is my first review here on MH, and this single is worth of a review :) 

-Yamiyo no Lion: the a-side of the single confirms again what Kamijo can really do, a reprise of his natural style and genre that characterized him since Lareine. Rhytmic song with gothic epic chorus, which makes it a very good tune :-) --->9/10

-Bastille: the best song of the single imo!! Revolutionary, it is made on a style atypical for Kamijo and approaches him to industrial music -in fact in some ways it reminds me of Schwein's music- --->10/10

-Unmei: this track is the self-cover of the third part of God Palace -Method of Inheritance-, with a music closer to Versailles' Remember Forever. It is a very enjoyable thing he made for his fans and i'd like that he could make more self-covers in the future. --->9/10

Final Vote ---> 9/10 

It is a very good single, like Moulin Rouge has been: but it shows that Kamijo can do everything (yes also heavy music) without any problems. And i want to do a wish: he should try an industrial concept, i think that he will be successful :)

I'm really glad you liked it! Judging by the previews (and whole version of Yamiyo no Lion), I'll like it as a single too... But I haven't heard it in full yet as it hasn't been posted here. Is it online somewhere already?

1: Yami no Lion - Solid track i don't have much to say about it. (7.5/10)

2: Bastille - What is this mess? And thought this was supposed to be the heaviest song of his career? The songs on noble and gekkakou from jubilee beat this. (5.5/10)

3:  Unmei - Rehash of old material but it's passable. I can literally hear kamijo spit in the mic at the "watashi wa" part though. Maybe you should have done a retake there kamibro? (7/10)

I'm really glad you liked it! Judging by the previews (and whole version of Yamiyo no Lion), I'll like it as a single too... But I haven't heard it in full yet as it hasn't been posted here. Is it online somewhere already?

I found a download link here.

b/w shines, and title track is a little suck for me. in a word, average overall but track 2 rules the aura of this single.

nice debut review bro.

About the industrial thingy, i've told it because of ability he showed in Bastille (and before in Dying Table) to make something heavy and piercing... of course it is my own opinion :)

Sign in to follow this