Sign in to follow this  
jduv86

[Band Battle] Chemical Pictures Vs Kurt

17 members have voted

1. 1. Chemical Pictures or Kurt?

• Kurt
    • Chemical Pictures

With TenTen coming back in My Bacterial Heat Island, which band prior do you think is better? I'm not including Hanamuke or Kiss My Way. They don't have enough material and Tenten really wasn't brought to light in any of those groups as much as CP and Kurt so it's a fight between those two.

21973-andltahrefhttpwwwjpo-cpii.jpg

CHEMICAL PICTURES:

22540-kurt-5pls.jpg

Kurt:

This is tough. I think Chemical Pictures had some extremely cool instrumentals and I believed they kept up the interest with every release until they ended. Kurt had some amazing songs in the beginning but at the end, they started to slack and the songs were lacking the awesomeness they started with. However, I have to go with Kurt because I believe the song writing was better in that band and I think TenTens voice was perfect in that era. I still have most of Kurt's discography on my computer because the songs were more addictive then anything Chemical Pictures put together. Even though I liked the instrumentals of CP, I felt like every song was just missing a little something that would have taken it over the edge though I can't place my finger on it. Kurt never missed a mark. Even when they were starting to go down hill, it was only at the end and it didn't overshadow the sheer awesomeness they unleashed already. Kurt FTW.

..... This isn't fair. THIS ISN'T FAIR. 
God uh.... 
KuRt was one of my first vk bands, and really the band that sold me on tenten's voice you know? 
I felt like for KuRt's time they had a pretty unique sound, and Tenten doesn't exactly have a typical voice either. 

I do have to choose Chemical Pictures on this one simply because I like the more refined sound, and it's alot more mature sounding. 
I still love KuRt to the end of the earth and back, but if I absolutely had to choose... I find myself listening to CPS a lot more these days. 

I feel guilty for even choosing.

I agree this is totally unfair lol...

KuRt had a raw excitement factor and unpredictability that CP lacked, played less by the rules... but that's not saying much considering that CP didn't either...

Honestly though, I will choose Chemical Pictures on a conceptual basis, the Sekai wo Utta Otoko series in particular, fell too deeply in love with the whole thing.

Choosing CP on this one. I'm generally a fan of Tenten's latter works, especially Kiss My Way. I used to like KuRt back in the day, but KMW and CP have the somehow mature sound, interesting arrangements and tenten has improved a lot. Expecting a lot from MBHI :D

Okay, I'll be a complete irrational idiot and just vote for KuRt. :D ...I mean, Chemical Pictures had a lot more polished sound and was a bit more progressive in quite a way, but KuRt's music is connected to me on a nostalgic sentimental level, so nothing's gonna top that. What's more, the first time I heard KuRt I hadn't heard that kind of...how to put it, fragile yet complex and wild sound before in vk, especially compared to their rather tame looks. Plus, I actually own a KuRt CD, so yeah.

i actually couldnt ever got into Chemical pictures. i even listened to all their stuff available in the web but still noooope :/ so definitely KuRt, they have some rad stuff which i really like in vk.

Sign in to follow this