Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Pitchfork Guide to Upcoming Releases: Summer 2014

So many random dunno-about-these artists on there. xD Well, I'm marginally interested in these:

Origin: Omnipresent
Wolves in the Throne Room: Celestite
Anna Calvi: Strange Weather EP
Morrissey: World Peace Is None of Your Business 
Opeth: Pale Communion
Robert Plant: lullaby and… The Ceaseless Roar 
Zola Jesus: Taiga 

Never really listened much to any of these artists except for Anna Calvi and veery old Opeth stuff and an occasional song here and there from a few of them, but if I'll stumble across them on the vast deep of the net, I shall give'em a try prolly.

Possible Run the Jewels album!!!???...I know that Zess and Bear would be pretty hype for this too

Also, I hope BIG KRIT drops his album too. That would complete my year hip-hop wise lol...

I'm definitely looking forward to the new Kimbra, Earth, She Keeps Bees, and ALT-J records tho

might try those common and opeth ones too

I don't really get why people need to hate on pitchfork so much... yeah, sometimes in the past they did act really arrogantly, but these days I generally agree with their reviews and lists. 

So many albums there I want to listen! From Wolves in the Throne Room, Zola Jesus and the likes to Prince and Smashing Pumpkins, I'm interested on almost all of these. Sounds like a decent later half of the year.

I mostly use pitchfork as a reference to stay up to date with new music, so appreciate them for that, but I seldom see eye to eye with their reviews.

I don't really get why people need to hate on pitchfork so much... yeah, sometimes in the past they did act really arrogantly, but these days I generally agree with their reviews and lists. 

Agreed. It's really just a fashion statement to hate p4k and then give a free pass to all the other music sites because boo-hoo-hoo "hipsters". 

Moderate interest towards Hyperdub 10.2, Shabazz Palaces, Wolves In The Throne Room, Julia Holter, Caribou, John Coltrane and Azelia Banks

Excited for Panda Bear, Grimes and while not featured on this list, there's apparently a new Kendrick Lamar album coming out too. 

A side note: I don't think anyone wants more Wu-tang and Raekwon albums

there's apparently a new Kendrick Lamar album coming out too. 

He released a mixtape not too long ago...maybe a month or ago called "found myself" or something like that. Was pretty decent iirc....he's so hit and miss with me tho

He released a mixtape not too long ago...maybe a month or ago called "found myself" or something like that. Was pretty decent iirc....he's so hit and miss with me tho

orly? Well I found the mixtape on datpiff but I can't find any reviews or a mention of it anywhere. 

Good Kid, M.A.A.D City was amazing, so it's hard to keep expectations in check because there's just no way the next one is going to be that good. I haven't heard anything else from him aside from that album the ADHD track that was on GTA and it didn't leave much of an impression to be honest.

The things on that list that I have been wanted to hear for a long time now:

La Roux (can't believe any of you didn't mention this. The debut is such a great album!)

Robin Thicke

Wolves in the Throne Room

Earth

Grimes

Run the Jewels

A Tribe Called Quest

Wu-Tang Clan

THere's not too much of interest on that list to be honest, but then again I haven't heard about many of those at all and that might just be why.

Sign in to follow this