Sign in to follow this  
bonsaijodelfisch

VLC Media Player

hi there

like pretty much everybody i love the VLC player to bits, but today i noticed something odd and wantet to ask, if that's the case for everybody.

here is a comparising shot of the exact same file at roughly the same point. as you can see there is clearly a difference in contrast between the two images.

my vlc-player is the latest version and all the optional video-adjustments, colorgrading etcetc are switched off, the other player is arcsoft totalMedia theatre 5 and afaikt there is no color-filtering or anything of the sorts activated aswell.

is this a problem in general with VLC, or is this a problem only i have? do i need different codecs, or did i miss some crucial checkbox in the options?

Screenshot

19491068-holder-c40374b2625ac1a423f5ea3e

I always had problems, and found the video playback had issues such as reduced quality, random artefacts, low frame rates, inability to handle excessive loads, etc...

I also had issues with subtitles, and found the audio was low quality in many cases.

Then it had trouble with Matroska video types, as well as codecs interfering with other codecs, and vobsub not running smoothly with my custom made subs.

That's just me though.

I used MPC btw with some codec pack, either CCCP or the other popular one.

Sign in to follow this