Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

girugamesh new maxi single release

eh, i listened to glay and L'Arc so i know i can stand this band new direction in music. I guess they have similar sounds now, and i like it :)
The difference being they can pull it off because it suits them perfectly. But girugamesh is a band for harder, rougher music, so they really need to get back into that again.

I didn't hate the latest single, but I'd prefer if they did something else, like a few years ago.

They're trying to be like their idols Linkin Park and take the soft direction.

The only difference is that Linkin Park was out of the scene for four years and the fans that initially sympathized with their lyrics of alienation and misunderstanding moved on, got laid and saw the sunlight. If they came back with a record that was Meteora 2.0 (which was really just Hybrid Theory 2.0) they'd flop. They HAD to change. Girugamesh didn't. Everyone was fine with their s/t direction (which I found a little dull, but stay with me) and the transition to MUSIC was awkward but it wasn't their sound change that was bad as much as it was their dull song writing. Kodou and puzzle proved that they were still heavy even if they dumped a bucket of synth over Ryo's stale guitar lines. They didn't go full on pop until COLORS but by that time we all expected it anyway. The transition was sudden and probably can be attributed more to wanting to appeal to a larger crowd (which is why they also ditched the visuals and went for a boy band look) instead of trying to find a new one.

I guess they want revenge for all the ramen they had to ingest during their Jelato-era XD.

MUSIC is still the biggest fucking disaster i have ever had the unfortunate pleasure of hearing. It sucks from top to bottom, most fans like it ( my observation ) because they still had rough vocals, and that's all that matters amirite? NOW was certainly better, but not much. Color on the other hand is a joke, but everybody should know that already.

Please don't compare them to L'arc~en~ciel, L'arc actually made some out of this world stuff once.

no. That's OMGRAREZ remember?
I thought that was the F00l1SH MINDC-RE 6?9 RemiXXX :'(
Isn't that the name of SuG's next single? o.o

I liked Color, so, I'm waiting for this new single anxiously.

ITT: Kids comparing an ALBUM to a single. lol

I look forward to this single because seriously, how much worse can this band get? I don't think they can get any worse...

That's what I'm hoping. It can't be worse than Color, so at least I'm kind of looking forward to this single.

If it's crap again, I don't know what I'll do.

Of course you do. You'll remark on what a let down the band is and how terrible the single is and how it doesn't meet the expectations you first had of them and how you can't believe it even though 60,000 other Jrock bands have done the same exact thing as them.

*run straight away to their OHP*

edit: comments after listening preview--> hm... :|

and it doesn't fit with the cover art for me xD

what a waste of decent cover art now.

*run straight away to their OHP*

edit: comments after listening preview--> hm... :|

and it doesn't fit with the cover art for me xD

what a waste of decent cover art now.

thought they same thing.

I know it's only a teaser, but I'm going to cry now. To me it sounds the same as color :s :-(

All my hopes for a decent single have just been dashed..........

..dammit Girugamesh!!!!

I also agree about the waste of cover art, it looked rather promising. Then again I guess assumptions shouldn't be made by the cover art alone xD

I look forward to this single because seriously, how much worse can this band get? I don't think they can get any worse...

That's what I'm hoping. It can't be worse than Color, so at least I'm kind of looking forward to this single.

Of course you do. You'll remark on what a let down the band is and how terrible the single is and how it doesn't meet the expectations you first had of them and how you can't believe it even though 60,000 other Jrock bands have done the same exact thing as them.I'm glad I bothered to read through this thread. This comment made my day. :spin:

Of course you do. You'll remark on what a let down the band is and how terrible the single is and how it doesn't meet the expectations you first had of them and how you can't believe it even though 60,000 other Jrock bands have done the same exact thing as them.I'm glad I bothered to read through this thread. This comment made my day. :spin:Oh, i didn't even notice someone had reacted on my comment.

Well, if this turns out to be another crappy single, I won't be buying their next album without having listened to it before (I bought Music and NOW without even listening a lot of it before. Hell, I had Music before it was even out on the internet)

I'll give them another chance, just because I've always like Girugamesh. And I won't stop liking their previous releases either.

I will, however, probably never listen to those singles again. Color is already gathering virtual dust in my iTunes library.

Sign in to follow this