Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

SUICIDE ALI will disband

it is announced at SUICIDE ALI live at Shinsaibashi CLUB DROP at 2014/04/26 that they will disband after their one-man live "The world of arrival point" at Shinsaibashi club ALIVE at 2014/07/19

WORST news of the year !! One of my favorites VK band all time. One of the best VK band all time !!!

Nothing new since 2012..I expected a bad news but, well, this is really sad.

Guest Kumo

They were not that good. But better as most bands we know now.

But it's not shocking since no new release and other things.

Still sad to see a band go after such long time.

How long where they around? 10 years?

No no no no no no NOOOOOOO!!!! I know they haven't released anything since 2012, but seriously? Disbanding? I was expecting an indefinite hiatus at the most, but... this?! NO!! :(

Guest Kumo

Yes, 10th anniversary this year... =\ They had a unique sound.

also with a way more unique voice!

But who knows that the guys will start a new project soon. ^^

Goshi without the others... weird. SUICIDE ALI was an entity of four additional members. There was a balance between them, in their world. I do not see him alone in another band.

Goshi without the others... weird. SUICIDE ALI was an entity of four additional members. There was a balance between them, in their world. I do not see him alone in another band.

Pretty much this. They were an amazing band. One of my personal favorites. 

Bad news for all SA fan (and all lovers of good VK band), even if I don't have like all of their new song, it's really sad, because I know them since the beginning, I hoped a new huge album this year.... I fail...

and another one... if there is only group tasteless ... I fear for the future ... vk start the new phase for all new bands after old school, after 2000's/2010 now it's lost fucking electronic & no vocal generation ...

V-Kei R.I.P.

Guest mitsu the indie girl

Wow... That's such a dismay to hear. They weren't the best band around, but they had their place in the scene. 

Bands come and go, it's bound to happen eventually, for one reason or another.

Though, what saddens me more than their leave, it's seeing which bands go and which bands stay and being upset as to why things are the way they are.

We've said our goodbyes to a plethora of bands that were original, interesting and enjoyable to give way for many bands that are just unoriginal and plain, some bands deserve more than what they end up with, I guess.

So yeah, unfortunate, for sure..

I remember I was a big fan of them once… I had almost forgotten that they existed, which is mainly because their releases stopped being interesting for me. And then there was a huge silence about them (they haven't released anything new since 2012, right?). It doesn't surprise me that they disband, since they weren't so active the last years and haven't been producing anything great in a while.

What's more sad is how they had a loyal fanbase, but were pretty much "abandoned" by everyone. They kind of got into this stream of forgotten bands.
I wouldn't say VK is dead though, just because another small old band, that nobody cares about anymore, has gone. Good or decent bands dying is pretty much an integral part of the "scene". It's true though that almost all groups who displayed the early to mid 00s VK style are gone now. But that era already ended in 2008/2009.

Still a bit sad to hear that they are disbanding though.

SET-LIST at 2014/07/19:

SE~メンバー紹介ロングバージョン~
01.冷たい風
02.Sequential soda
SE.レバンデッシュリング~piano ver.~
03.レバンデッシュリング
04.四十七の弦
05.灰色のカーテン
SE
06.動脈
SE.カナシイヒト、ミツケタ
07.笛吹童子