Sign in to follow this  
DeithX252

la la larks major debut single "ego-izm" release

la-la-larks-ego-izm-promo-600_zps565a6e4

la la larks will release major debut single titled "ego-izm" on 4 June 2014. They are now under Victor Entertainment sub-label FlyingDOG, and the song will be  the ending theme song for the anime "M3 ~Sono Kuroki Hagane~."

so how do you think? Myself cannot wait for the song and to hear Yumi's voice again

I'd be more excited if Yumi hadn't stuck with anime songs agaaaain. But I'll still listen to it anyway, hopefully it's something good.

yeah I was hoping some indie release from this band, but they suddenly going major and stick with anime song straightly

I thought Yumi left school food punishment because she didn't like the direction the band was headed in because of major label influence. Now she's already in another band that sounds just like school food punishment and is already major? I wonder what the real story is.

Regardless, I'll wait for this single. It's been too long.

I thought Yumi left school food punishment because she didn't like the direction the band was headed in because of major label influence. Now she's already in another band that sounds just like school food punishment and is already major? I wonder what the real story is.

Regardless, I'll wait for this single. It's been too long.

Now with this development with la la larks, I've been wondering if it wasn't the other way around, with Yumi being the only one wanting to do these anime songs. The keyboardist went on to join LAGITAGIDA after all.

Anyway, I actually liked the two demo songs they put out online months ago and Yumi's remix in SCLL's compilation was very nice, so I'm not expecting anything bad. And truth be told, anime songs or not, I still have a huge weakness for her kind of music style.

Now with this development with la la larks, I've been wondering if it wasn't the other way around, with Yumi being the only one wanting to do these anime songs. The keyboardist went on to join LAGITAGIDA after all.

I'm inclined to agree with this theory as well. It's further supported by the fact that Hasuo (key.) seemed to stop contributing creatively after they went major. I know that composer credits don't always tell the full story, but it's worth noting that he was specifically credited on 5 of the 8 songs on air feel, color swim, yet on amp-reflection and Prog-Roid together he was only credited on a total of 2 out of 24 songs  (line and パーセンテージ) . school food punishment's later discography seemed to be almost entirely dominated by the Yumi-Ryou partnership (despite the latter not actually being in the band), so it's logical to assume that la la larks will follow on from that sort of sound, especially now that both of them are officially in the band this time.

On one hand it's a shame but on the other it could be a good thing. I have a soft spot for pre-major-label sfp but I do like their later music as well and this band/environment seems more suited to that style than a seemingly somewhat dysfunctional sfp. I just hope these anime songs don't become as repetitive as songs like Future Nova, RPG, etc were.

Sorry for the double post, but here's a preview of the title track:

Unfortunately it seems every bit as generic as sfp's anime songs were. Hopefully the b-sides are better.

Sign in to follow this