Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

MEJIBRAY - DECADANCE - Counting Goats ... if I can't be yours -

Now that's a whole mouthful, lol. Anyway, it seems the MEJI' guys are getting better and better!

The title track almost seems to go along their typical formula of pop-rock but with lots of added nuances, like the subtle guitarplay here and there, the little synthy parts and some interesting segments (the mellower part in the middle is gorgeous!). Of course the extra-epic chorus deserves a mention too. Oh wait, the bass is pretty freakin' awesome throughout too! See? ...it manages to remain entertaining, so the nearly 6 minutes go by pretty fast.

Melancholia is a pretty kickass track with some killer guitars from MiA - I gotta take a moment here to commend him on his toned-down and tasteful playing (opposed to the samey guitar-wank of yesterdays). It's a bit more subtle and less flashy than your usual MEJIBRAY song but that's what makes it work. Even Tsuzuku stays within 'safe' boundaries (you know what I mean, haha)... overall a pretty solid track without much showing off.

Seems like they saved the best for last - the closer track is just plain epic! I didn't expect much listening to the quiet and subdued beginning but then dat riffin' starts...holy shit. It's a pretty varied track, going from quiet and ballad-like to heaviness and a majestic chorus. Gotta love those background synths complementing the guitars! Again, Koichi is pretty kewl on the bass, and Meto does some cool drum rolls and fills here and there. Top-notch!

Welp, this was pretty fuckin' good, excuse my French. This is probably my favorite out of their 3 recent singles (with the previous one being 2nd fave). If they had released these as one album with an intro slapped on I'd have absolutely no complaints (as opposed to their debut album).

:4.5: | yes yes yesss

DECADANCE - Counting Goats … if I can't be yours - - I really fell instantly in love with this amazing song!

It kinda resembles to Invisible tower maker & Violet, the melodies but this song is even put together so well!

Tsuzuku's vocals and the instrumentals combines together with a glorious result. I guess this is the best song of this whole single.

Thumbs up for MEJIBRAY!

メランコリア

This song is pretty cool! I really like MiA's guitar work here, mixing the speed with fast and heavy.

I think this was one of an enjoyable song! It's good to see MEJIBRAY is trying to come up with some new ideas instead keeping up the same thing. ;)

躁と鬱と境界

One of an emotionally song, at least I get that kind of feeling when I listen to this song.

This song hasn't grow into me yet, but it isn't bad either.

So in the end, a great job on this single!

I might be able to write it a bit longer after a few more listens to this single. ;)

:4.5: | YESSU.  :lolita_love:

For now, the title track is absolutely superb! This has to be my favorite track where Koichi is prominent. The middle section is beautiful and the whole song was well done. Loving the rhythm guitar riff following along with the bass during the outro and intro sections..

Haven't been able to get into Melancholia yet, Idk why. I haven't given the last track a go since I can't get away from DECADENCE

I was pretty damn impressed with this single. This is the second release I can say I actually like from MEJIBRAY. Maybe they're actually worth following.

Well done.

4/5

Sign in to follow this