Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

dr.tarantula will conditionally disband

dr.tarantula will disband if no. of attendants at their one-man live "チャレンジケミカルサイクル(challenge chemical cycle)" at Nishikujou BRAND NEW at 2013/11/01 cannot reach 100, at which their new mini album "ケミカルサイクル(chemical cycle)" (released at 2013/11/11) will be sold in advance and their live-distributed PV DVD "因数分解(insuubunkai)-one-man special ver.-" will be released

dr.tarantula members:
Vo.えむ(m) (クロ×ヒメ(croxhime))
Gt.ともき(tomoki) (ex-OKUTO)
Gt.ひかる(hikaru) (ex-OKUTO(Ba.))
Ba.HATA-K(f.k.a. 佐伯千尋(saeki chihiro))
support Dr.爻(kou) (ex-CRACK ADDICT, Velours-->VERTEX(support))
ex-support Ba.淳(jun) (ex-「あゃ」(aya)-->Lycee-->Ultimate Sonic(support), now in SouthEmperor)

Money trouble or not, I still think the whole "if you don't buy our shit we will disband and that will make you hopefully regret to have not come to our lives" is shitty and immature. There are a lot of bands in visual kei and other genres who are broke as hell and they don't need to use this stupid marketing strategy.

they will NOT disband as no. of attendants at their one-man live "チャレンジケミカルサイクル(challenge chemical cycle)" at Nishikujou BRAND NEW at 2013/11/01 was 102 (just exceeding 100)

SET-LIST at 2013/11/01:

01.10年も生きれなかった君の歌
02.夢見桜
03.因数分解
04.かくれんぼ
05.さよなら、キミとセカイ
06.始まりはいつも少し雨か曇り
07.人造人間No.17
08.さくら
09.東京テディベア
10.花街慕情
11.パンダのきもち

EN1
01.千本桜
02.キオクノカケラ

Does any band ever disband after a conditional disband notice was placed out or do they always manage to get "just enough people" to struggle on? Does it even matter if they don't get to that number, as long as they were reasonably close? I couldn't see this band quitting if only 99 people showed up.

I guess I just don't understand this marketing tactic.

Sign in to follow this