Yuhiko

VK Band Recruiting!

Hi everyone :)

My name is Yuhiko ~ My friend Sora and I are looking to start a VK band in NY!

We're looking for a lead guitarist, a bassist, and a drummer :)

Requirements:
Must be between ages 18-25
Must have similar influences as existing band members (see Influences on facebook page)
Bring your own equipment
Drug usage is NOT tolerated
Be in the NY/NJ area, close to Manhattan
For the lead guitarist: Be able to contribute to musical composition; for bassist and drummer, contributions would be loved but not required

Check out our facebook page and message us there if you're interested! Or you can PM me XP 

Damn! I totally need to move. All the people who are doing music related things that I want to do are in NY. MD shows VK no love :(

Darn. I'm all the way in Washington. I play guitar kind of okay. Yeah i can never find anyone to start a vk inspired band anymore.

I play bass, but I move from NYC to NM for school, so I wouldn't be much help. I'm also a chick, and that tends to lead to a big fat "NO" for most people. Alas.

Awww....lol. I'd take you into a band with me! It's always refreshing to see a female play an instrument instead of just being a singer in the band. Alas, you are too far away too.... :(

Firstly... Sora and I are girls... =_=# I've never had issues with being a girl... O.o

Secondly... Do you guys think that doing an online collaboration would mean having a less hard time finding members?

random i would prefer too to see a woman play an instrument instead of being the singer.

indeed especcially for vkei is difficult for girls. also why would you want to have  only an audience that is 90% of girls.

but if you have a random vkei band with friends in your area i don't think it would matter at all.

generally i think it's a talent for a girl if she can make other girls to  like her. some girls just have it natural others not.

probably for vkei she must have some kind of boyish attitude or looks to succed.

Lol... So in the end this became a discussion about how hard it is for female musicians... And no one is joining

Lol 90% girls is waaaayyyyy too high hahaha there are plenty of guys who enjoy vk for the music

Firstly... Sora and I are girls... =_=# I've never had issues with being a girl... O.o

Secondly... Do you guys think that doing an online collaboration would mean having a less hard time finding members?

Didn't say you did...all I was saying is that girls usually in the band get pushed to just being vocals which is sad. It's always cool to see girls playing instruments...sorry for digressing from the subject...

The online colab could work, the problem is no one is usually full force about it. No one seems to take it seriously and eventually it just fizzles out without any results. As long as people are determined to do it, it could work...but it's just hard to keep it going...

Cool, guitarist here, I fit your criteria. I've been looking to start/join a band. I'm not all that big on vk but I am big on rock and metal. Also I like some of your influences, mostly the personally stuff like despair's ray, blood stain child and the gazette.

I do have some questions. Like is your sound vk or is it your image or both? Would there be rehersals and what would be your goals for the band? To put out out a ep, an album, do live shows etc.. And when would writing begi and will the vocals be in English or Japanese?

Yayayaya!!!! Someone who wants to join mwah<3 <3 <3

Well, I definitely love the sound. The image is (for me) more of a nice add on, and I'll go along with it. I do feel the sound is the most important thing about a band hahahaha

We do have big goals... we want to do everything you mentioned + hopefully later on get signed to a major label :)

Well... I have a few melodies/ideas shoved here and there but I haven't really been able to do big things because I get really confused with drums x_x but if you want writing can start... right now :D sora and I both have a bunch of lyrics (lol don't ask me why I wrote some)

message me on facebook (the page link in the original post) whenever you're ready :D :D

I hope yall find some bandmates.  It'd be cool to have more partners in the scene.  Hit me up, I'll try to help you find bandmates.  I kinda help mentor a lot of band folks in NYC, the way I was mentored by a few dudes when I was younger.

So if you need help with song arrangement - finding venues, or booking - bandmates - or tough band choices, feel free to hit me up.  Obviously I mean to help "Desperate Despair" - but this applies to anyone in this chat.

At least starting out it wouldn't be a bad idea but it might be harder to get a full band sound online but its not impossible.

My project is sort of a industrial/baroque kote kei/gothic fusion most of our songs are just industrial/barouqe but our next album will be more metal and kote kei influenced we also use electronic drums since we don't have a drummer lol. 

Its not ideal but it works and it helps with experience and expression, anyway good luck! 

Yeah but we're all faggots 

+1 lol

We have a guitarist now... Still looking for a drummer and bassist!!!!

Lol after some discussion we' decided the online thing won't work out so XD