Trombe

12012 new mini album "THE SWAN" release

The poor English (and by poor, I mean dreadfully poor) almost ruins it; but there is a clear contrast between the singles on their S/T, Deicida of Silence, and this. I am now more interested in what they're putting out.

I liked the song, btw. I'm getting some RES vibes again, which is okay with me.

If I've never actually listened to 12012 before Deicida, what would be a good place to start? I only really liked the title track of that release for the guitar work and the chorus.

That was actually SO good. The video was really cool too. One of the only newer PVs that held my attention all the way through. Great job, 12012.

If I've never actually listened to 12012 before Deicida, what would be a good place to start? I only really liked the title track of that release for the guitar work and the chorus.

It depends on what kind of music you want from them. Start at the beginning and you will travel through dark alternative rock sounding VK that drifts into more stylish rock pop before it bleeds back into the darkness around SEVEN. The band has a pretty long list of albums and singles. Like 13 or 14 albums or something. Pretty prolific. They started out pretty promising and then a lot of people got knocked off the vibe when they started going into the more stylish pop rock around 2007-09. Then they seemed to remember what they did before just a little bit when they did Seven. I think after Yusuke Suga quit it was a hard blow to the band composition wise and the fact that 12012 distanced itself from UNDERCODE and moved to Diru's label that they made that mess of a self title where it was almost like teenagers taking all the different VK band sounds and mixing them together into "original" tracks. Then luckily the band somehow made it's own lebel thing HEAVENSTAMP and voila~! what we have now.

Even though The Swan is AMAZING I feel the song itself is derivative of other 12012 ballads. Reminds me a lot of Just The Way You Are from SEVEN. 

Yea despite of the horrible English, the song is well composed overally, beautiful PV too (a bit surprising knowing their previous 2 PVs were all so dark and stuffs)

SEVEN, PLAY DOLLs and Not obtain+1 will give you a good taste of what they're made of.

This PV is pure awesomeness. I have the same feeling as some years ago after watching THE PAIN OF CATASTROPHE PV - I mean, that was the last time when they came up with a good song AND an unexpectedly good video for it.

12012 just proved once again that they are full of surprises.

Hell yeah, i seriously lost all interest in them since they couldn't give me something like Tattoo again. It didn't seem like they ever would, but now, hell yeah!

Although I like them and look forward to this release...

That image of chubby Wataru as a growling swan kills my braincells. XD

It does kinda look like it.

The title song is so-so. But the video is pretty boring and the WTF Wataru moments made me laugh. Clearly they need some art direction :P

I hope there are better songs on that mini-album.

Maybe this is just the right song for the first days of autumn, but I found the song quite touching. I really like it.

This is the first 12012 song in years to achieve that.

Guest mitsubana

I waaaaant~~haha. This will be epic!

well, in my opinion, I really love their changes since 2012. The S/T album released in 2012 is an epic for me. Alternative metal does fit them. pop rock goes to axxholx.

Many people complaint about Mr.Miyawaki's unclean vocal. Did you really know the meaning for a vocalist to do that???

As a punk and metal fan, don't say that unclean vocal's badaxx or sth else, it didn't work for me.

That's all what I wanna say.

Actually the new song "The Swan" is another epic for someone maybe, not for me. It's normal I think.

so score is 7.5/10.

waiting for the whole CD comes.