Trombe

12012 new mini album "THE SWAN" release

I strangely like everything except for the first track (which seems to fall into the growling swan thing the second after sample cuts off)

I only like the first track. D:

Off topic but nice that they updated their OHP with HQ cover artworks (1000x1000) 

Artwork cover for "THE SWAN" is looking really good!

Finally! And yea, it looks really good (way better than the CUNNING KILLER-DEICIDA OF SILENCE combo).

I really like the artwork; not something I'd ever expect from 12012, and it sets a depressive mood for the songs (IMO).

On my second listen: The end of the DEADLY CIRCUS preview sounds awesome.

I'm far more excited for this than I was. I have enjoyed 12012's progression. Not that it's been good (it hasn't); but it seems like they're starting to figure it out. We'll see what the full release brings.

I sort of like how they toned down the hurr durr-core visuals. They/the PV sort of looked too try-hard (and especially Miyawaki) for their self-titled and their last mini.

i see them trying to get on that 9goats/amber gris tea 

WHAT. No. They aren't.

If they were, i'd be all over this release.

Sounds decent but.. I don't think it'll be as good as Deicida of Silence.

I feel like it's going to be on par with Deicida of Silence. I really like the sound of this EP, the way I did with their last one, but I'm afraid it's going to get lost amid all the other amazing and really outstanding releases this year. But what they're doing now is what they should've been doing on their self-titled.

Guest mitsubana

I haven't listened to 12012 in years. I checked out a little bit of their last mini-album and wasn't a fan personally. But this... Been replaying the samples to "THE SWAN" for hours as well as watching the PV repeatedly. This sounds just amazing... Vocally it sounds like the singer has improved and his screams from the previews sound bearable. The music is <3 too haha

So preordering this!~~~

I personally dont care how was the old 12012 sounds like, but tbh since they released Suicide, I started to follow this band. Although the self titled album wasnt that impressive for me, DEICIDA OF SILENCE, in the other hand was really kicking ass.

Regarding THE SWAN preview, I like the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th songs so far. In my humble opinion they should stay the hurrdurr direction instead of getting back to their ass poppish gay past music. No offense.

This PV spot is exactly what they should have done after SEVEN. The sound, the visuals... even the new logo suit them much better now. They took a semi-new direction overall, yet they managed to keep the best parts of their new style.

I personally dont care how was the old 12012 sounds like, but tbh since they released Suicide, I started to follow this band. Although the self titled album wasnt that impressive for me, DEICIDA OF SILENCE, in the other hand was really kicking ass.

Regarding THE SWAN preview, I like the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th songs so far. In my humble opinion they should stay the hurrdurr direction instead of getting back to their ass poppish gay past music. No offense.

Just check out their early releases, they were playing dark & heavy music in the first place before turning into j-pop. The "ass poppish gay past music" was a 3-year period out of 10.

12012 were much more raw and aggressive in the indies to post-indies

until the merry go world style took over (altho i did like few singles from seven, 薄紅と雨 and the pain of catastrophe, etc)

i was always intrigued by this band from the name itself, 

besides, wataru's got a great voice tone, lots of potentials -

and like the post above, altho i did like album 'seven',

but the self-titled is the one which really hooked me up, contrary to the popular votes upon them .

i personally think 12012 is one of those bands that will linger (or maybe "sustained" will be the best description)

for a relatively long time in japanese rock scene .

tho, again, i personally think that 12012 is HIGHLY underrated band (such as the underneath/defspiral)

despite its long history and their abilities (maybe im wrong, but i dont see that much 'constant interest' from the public)

DOS was a listenable EP but to me it just seemed all over the place. Its one of the main reasons after I got my brief fill of it, I pretty much left it alone after. However the swan...especially the title track sounds so smooth. I am very hopeful for this one. It seems as if they're progressing, which is actually pretty good. 

PS

I wish they'd get better mixing and mastering on their releases...

Okay, the new EP samples are growing on me. I'm really stoked. Sounds like an even mix of their self-titled and DEICIDA.

And I'll never understand the self-titled hate. It's, to me, a really solid release. Granted it's nowhere near their older material but.. c'mon.. it's incredible compared to their pop era.