Masamune

E3 LIVE NOW (Game Info Inside)

@ stylelover 

sony have explicitly stated they aren't DRMing physical media. microsoft made a presentation, the only part of which everyone remembers now, is DRM restrictions on used bluray games. ubisoft and other turds have means to add DRM, and they will do it, and than I hope their games flop and when their servers go down, people bomb retailers with money-backs.

on a side note, killer instinkt is adopting Japanese iOs games strategy where you get a game for free, but have to pay for perks and extra characters 

http://kotaku.com/killer-instinct-on-xbox-one-is-free-for-your-first-cha-512655221

no wonder it looks so shitty.

oh and by the way, I just googled that microsoft xflops division head comes from EA, which really explains everything about how much they care for publisher's right (and means) to abuse their customers.

Yes i can read, thank you very much. I guess it just depends on how the third party publishers will do the whole online gaming DRM at the PS4. if its the same like now with online passes or something else. sony also said that they will listen to all DRM requests (online) from third party publishers, so it always depends on how much they want.

tbqh i would be way more willing to buy games only where MS wants me to buy them , instead of buying used games for the ps4 and pay a XX amount to activate the online gaming again.

it all comes down to how they do it, but that definitely could be bad news regarding the PS4.

i preordered them both. just waiting for more information over the months to cancel one of the orders. we will see.

Whether you can play used games and share them is not up to SONY. SONY has said that the third party game producers will get to decide if they will use DRM and put protection on it or not. It would be fairly possible that producers like Ubisoft and EA (mostly the big ones) will still secure their games and you won't be able to buy it used or share it with your friends.

It's basically going to depend on the producer of the game when it comes to the PS4. Pretty bummed about this.

that was Microsoft that said that, not Sony, Sony is in full support of used games and I doubt many publishers would go that route anyway right now because of all the hostility from hardcore gamers towards DRM.

but anyways came to drop by and say PS4 is winning this console generation, I'm 99% sure of this, the on only way Microsoft can turn this around is if they do a full 180 with the way there addressing the consumers, which means stop telling us what we need and let us decide on ourselves, one of the biggest reasons why Sony is getting such successful feedback right now is because of their new attitude towards their fans, instead of telling us what we need their laying out all their cards on the table and keeping well informed on what this new system and games is capable of and then letting us decide for ourselves. instead Microsoft is trying force this fucking Kinect sensor that they feel that we need on their next gen console  down our fucking throats when instead to realistic that's the only reason their console is a hundred dollars more than the competitor, and on the subject of money, Microsoft is literally fucking the international fans with this 500 Euro bullshit, which isn't anything new they've always fucked their European market over on prices. Really the way they come off as is fuck you this a American console and anybody who is not from America has to pony up the extra bones if they want to use our hardware. That's fucked up.

then pls read my link original saku. its not MICROSOFT who said that. microsoft has DRM all the time and sony let the third parties decide.

sai was correct with that statement.

and regarding the "fuck up europe" sony does the same. 399$ and 399€ and MS 499$ 499€. not sure where you see the difference between sony and MS there.

but afaik thats just because there are no taxes yet on the dollar prices? sure it would normally be like 450€ or 350€ , but thats not that much difference.

for one i wasn't trying to come off as hostile towards sai, I'm just stating what I know and what I've heard, either way at the end of the day microsoft is not allowing used games and sony is bottom line.

and the price thing i admittedly overlooked but, still does not change the fact that microsoft is packaging their console with a piece of hardware that the consensus of the fanbase have no interest in and charging an extra 100 bucks because of it. and btw this is just my opinion.

oh also there is a whole bunch of other issues with their marketing but I'm not gonna get into it, the fact of the matter is alot of fans are feeling alienated and are seriously considering jumping ship to sony, and I feel that microsoft is not gonna do anything about it because they're are just to prideful and cocky with that they think they know what's best for their consumers to change or take back some of their marketing plans..

sorry for the double post had to get that off my chest.

each ps4 comes with ps eye as well... even tho it's much cheaper in manufacturing than kinect (no IR/lasers and no per-pixel depth calculations involved)

seen a fresh batch of rumors that MS has manufacturing difficulties with their APU (cpu + gpu) chips, might result in less consoles delivered by launch and possible higher faulty unit rate (the issue they have atm is technically worse than RRODs in 360s)

the sad thing is no matter how hard xbawks flops, they will pump a shit ton of money in it, and it's not going anywhere during next 5 years at least.

well yea it did just sound like sony did everything right and i dont think that, but in general they definitely handle it better than MS.

i always take everything in forums as personal opinion, thats how it should go :)

i for myself am still stuck between. preordered both and will cancel one in fall when more information and games are out.

EDIT: eye doesnt come with the PS4 . its 59 or 69€ they already confirmed the package and additional stuff. /not that anyone needs it.

idk i'm definitely getting PS4, besides the way I like how their handeling marketing and fan relations, I also feel like they have the better games and exclusives, their is not one exclusive game microsoft showed off that makes me want to buy an Xbone except for maybe Titanfall, but I can just get that on PC so yeah...

@ stylelover

oh, so they thrown ps eye out to reduce end price, that's nice. (I missed on this completely tho)

I can't stop cackling @ this gif, it's like everything about e3 in the most flawless context

isl9NoxijBcP7.gif

Final Fantasy Versus XIII becoming FFXV was very unexpected and surprising. I am glad the game will be finally released after so much years.

I will also try to spend money to get the PS4. I would never ever get the Xbox one. Not being able to play used games = not going to buy that crap.
Sad to see again that Nintendo still can't get their shit together and get back on track. When has it been the last time when they were really were influental, innovative and their games interesting and diverse? Seriously, the Wii U is boring unless they announce interesting third party games.

At this point I've just accepted that Nintendo is not a 3rd party power house and I'm okay with that, because their first party games are so strong they don't really need 3rd party games to drive sells, trust me people have bought the Wii U and they will buy it in the future if they want to play all the First party Exclusives that will coming out over the next year, games like The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, New Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D Land, and the new Donkey Kong Country Game.

These games will sell consoles for them because all those games look amazing and the only place you can play them will be Wii U, Hell I'll be getting a Wii U just to play the new Mario Kart alone not to mention all the other great first party games that will be coming, and it's not like they don't have some 3rd party stuff coming, I don't know about you guys but Bayonetta 2 looks fucking amazing and it's gonna be a Wii U Exclusive and also the Re-release of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors Cut has seriously got me excited, for once a developer has listened to the fans and fixed the shit that was wrong with their game added a bunch of new shit, that actually does warrant a re-release and yes it is coming to other platforms but I'm confident when I say that it looks the best  and plays the best on Wii U from what I've seen.