Sign in to follow this  
hyura

CELL at AX 2013

This info has been posted here like a month ago in CELL's individual thread but since it's been confirmed on AXs website now I thought I should promote it once more.

http://www.anime-expo.org/2013/06/welcoming-visual-kei-rock-band-cell-as-industry-guests-for-ax-2013/

Does anybody from MH go?

As a European CELL fan I'm a bit jelly, but I hope that this will be a great experience for the band and of course the american fans who can go.

Because it might make them tour overseas more often in the future!

Why do I have to be in a country japs only come to so they can take pictures with koalas

i want to see / touch / feel kon irl

is that too much to ask?

Depends how much you're willing to pay.

I can only speak for myself and I'm kinda weird but I went to tokyo last year just for La'Mules two days oneman (and by just I mean I really didn't have the time to stay in japan much longer because it was exams time) and it was totally worth it.

Now of course CELL aren't La'Mule and their stage image is a little different. They are much more of a 'fun' band and Isukes aggressiveness is missing but....XD since everybody is talking about Kon lately: he didn't change at all. And their original songs are mich better live than recorded. (their covers are great anyway of course)

I'd cuddle with smelly weeaboos for them any day!

okay I'm not overjoyed it's at a anime convention but I think these kinds of concerts are very rare in U.S  ^-^ so worth going!

^ hyura what do mean by their 'fun' band live?

^ hyura what do mean by their 'fun' band live?

Well. La'Mule put lots of emphasis on their shows (lots of moshable songs, lots of drama, lots of blood, lots of fan-contact) and although that wasn't their focus it's what made them famous.

I feel that CELL made this aspect into a concept. Most songs they play are on the faster side and they aren't as dark. Their is lots of towel-throwing and lots of headbanging and lots of goofing around. However. Kon still does dramatic monologues and they are definately still oldschool. It's a good balance.

I want to go but concerts at Anime Cons are really a drag. If LA wasn't a shithole and I didn't have to deal with con-goers I would consider this. Yet it's two things I just don't like, a smoggy city full of pretentious image centric people and a convention full of mouth breathing weeaboos :C

That sounds like a fun live ^^ your so lucky to seen la'mule too! Btw did you see them on nico nico live yesterday?

^arithmetica right now bands are mostly playing at cons so we have to get used to it :( but at least their coming right ^^

Why is it so common for bands coming to the US to play at anime conventions?

I think there were VK bands doing it here, too but it was more that they played in a normal venue in the same city as the convention and if you attended both you'd get a discount.

And most of the time bands just tour normally.

Oh and yes, I saw them on niconico! :D It was pretty funny, I hope they'll stream more often.

Maybe because the very first VK bands who visited foreign countries and had more than 10 people attending the live were invited to conventions. I know bands have played in europe before, but D'espairsRay, Blood, Moi dix Mois and Kagerou were the bands brought here to play on anime cons, because most of their fans came into contact with visual kei via Mangas and they were part of the beginning visual kei trend in europe and the US.

I can't remember really... but wasn't dir en grey, who are the big exception here, playing in the US first? (and also giving a real concert instead of playing in front of anime fans?)

However, I am happy for everyone who can see Cell. I hope this will help them to make an international tour one day.

I think they have the bands at conventions cause they use them to test the waters first to see how many fans they have in that country so maybe someday play in a concert venue there. Because here in U.S it looks difficult to book bands from japan to play in concert venues if the bands don't already have a good size fanbase. So conventions

are probably so much more easier and welcoming,

profitable for the bands and they reach wide audience too.

Yes I remember Dir en grey being some of first to not play in conventions here.

Cell seem like really fun nice guys ^^ so excited to

see them next week!

Maybe because the very first VK bands who visited foreign countries and had more than 10 people attending the live were invited to conventions. I know bands have played in europe before, but D'espairsRay, Blood, Moi dix Mois and Kagerou were the bands brought here to play on anime cons, because most of their fans came into contact with visual kei via Mangas and they were part of the beginning visual kei trend in europe and the US.

I can't remember really... but wasn't dir en grey, who are the big exception here, playing in the US first? (and also giving a real concert instead of playing in front of anime fans?)

However, I am happy for everyone who can see Cell. I hope this will help them to make an international tour one day.

BUCK-TICK played in England during the 90's, but yeah.

Speed-iD and Noir Fleurir also played in Germany, so...

Back in the 90's, Visual Kei wasn't really filled with (excuse me for the word) weebo fangirls screaming at the sexy thighs of whoever a guy and that entire drama. People enjoyed the music over the looks. And I don't really consider Penicillin, SADS and BUCK-TICK any VK, they're in the league of X JAPAN and stuff, with worldwide fans because they're overall just 'general' rockbands having the capability of reaching out overseas with their music, other than with their face full of piercings and happy kawaii neko neko childplay consisting of creating a fanbase with fanservice.

Meh, con concerts just suck compared to a real concert. I guess I'm just spoiled by metal concerts that are in dingy little clubs filled with people that are actually fans and not mouth breathing weeaboos.

I totally understand that there's no way any of these indie bands could do a proper gig in the US, I'm just complaining and being a little bitch. It's a lot of money, language barrier to overcome and being screwed over in the past by amateur organizers like Tainted Reality and that dumb German weeaboo. It is easier and safer to just be sponsored by a convention than doing all the leg work.

Back in the 90's, Visual Kei wasn't really filled with (excuse me for the word) weebo fangirls screaming at the sexy thighs of whoever a guy and that entire drama. People enjoyed the music over the looks. And I don't really consider Penicillin, SADS and BUCK-TICK any VK, they're in the league of X JAPAN and stuff, with worldwide fans because they're overall just 'general' rockbands having the capability of reaching out overseas with their music, other than with their face full of piercings and happy kawaii neko neko childplay consisting of creating a fanbase with fanservice.

"Back in the 90's, Visual Kei wasn't really filled with (excuse me for

the word) weebo fangirls screaming at the sexy thighs of whoever a guy

and that entire drama."

How would you know this? lol

Also, I do not understand how one can consider Penicillin and BUCK-TICK to not be visual kei (even more so their early stuff, which is what we were talking about?).

Sorry for offtopic lol

Those are some strong words.

I'd rather say... when visual bands toured overseas in the 90s there wasn't that type of fan because there were no western fans alltogether. (Well. One or two for sure, but no 'scene'). They propably played for casual rock or gothic fans and yes, those people propably didn't care about Hakueis thighs as much.

But that doesn't mean Penicillin, Buck Tick and SADS aren't full of fanservice (And visual kei bands. Just because they were good and succesful doesn't mean they weren't VK), because they are. I mean... Most old Penicillin videos pretty much consist of them sucking each others faces while wearing shiny leather outfits. And the fans they had at that time did care very much for sure.

Because those bands had much, much more mainstream popularity than most VK acts touring overseas nowadays one could say the music was more important in the sense that if they stopped being naked and handsome people would still buy their cd as casual listeners but still.

And CELL make great music, I'm sure they have lots of fans because of that. Also they aren't even goodlooking.

Was anyone able to watch the live streaming of CELL at Anime Expo concert and recorded it?

I want to see it again cause It was such awesome live *-* soo happy I went! 

Was anyone able to watch the live streaming of CELL at Anime Expo concert and recorded it?

I want to see it again cause It was such awesome live *-* soo happy I went! 

WHaaaaaaaaat?! It was streaming? *cries*

Sign in to follow this