Sign in to follow this  
TheBistroButcher666

PS Vita

Does anyone own one?

I'm thinking of getting it, I hear that you have to buy Sony's memory card though which is shitty but otherwise it hasn't really deterred my interest thaaaaaat much.

Does anyone know if you can still buy PSP games off the PSN store from the Vita if you don't have a PS3? I don't have a PS3 and don't want one.

Any game suggestions? What games are you digging right now on the Vita?

Yes you can buy psp and ps1 games from the vita ps store without having to have a ps3, and game recommendations would be:

Persona 4: Golden

Gravity Rush

Ragnarok Odyssey

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Assassins Creed III: Liberation

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Rayman Origins

and yeah if your planing to download a lot of games then you might want to invest in one of the bigger memory sticks, because 8 or 16 GB just doesn't seem to get the job done.

I don't know anyone that owns one. I heard its a waste of money. I have no details why, but if you have money, I say buy it. Sony wouldn't disappoint anyone ;')

Even though its a waste of money xD

No don't. Vita is a flop console.

And lack of good titles.

the games are either PS3 game clones

or just bad and unimaginative plus no backwards compatibility.

Worst thing is, thanks to the Vita being

released, every single store stopped

carrying PSP games (which were

actually good).

Now I have to order my PSP games from Amazon or search used ones on GameStop. Why couldn't Sony just not ruin their

portable consoles?

Really it was the same for the psp too, most of the good games were released in japan only and you would be kidding yourself if you thought a localization was possible, which only left importing as an option and that's kinda a hassle especially when it comes to trying to navigate menus in japanese. IMO the vita is better than the psp in all regards, that includes hardware and software. I still think it's to early to say that the system is a flop... it hasn't even reached the one year mark yet, but with that said the games listed in my post above are probably the best on the market right now, especially Persona and disgaea and although both those games are ports I would like to state that they are both games that work absolutely amazing on the handheld platform and I don't see myself playing either of those games any other way after experiencing them on the vita. 

Although I will admit that in the next 9 months sony will undoubtly have to step their game up in both first party and third party games if they want to prove to their western fanbase that they can learn from their mistakes, one way for them to do that is to start localizing more games obviously. Aside from that the system is pretty solid and has great potential, playing ps1 classics and psp games on it is as easy as ever and is alot of fun too. One thing I'm waiting on is the ability to play PS2 classics on the handheld which I'm hoping to see implemented very soon.

if you want my advice I'd say if you have the money to spend go for it, if not than maybe just sleep on it for a few months and see how their game line-up progresses for 2013.

I have one and I absolutely love it.

I don't leave anywhere without it :x

I also agree that its bullshit you have to buy their memory cards, but meh.

I'm okay with there being PS3 imports since I don't own a PS3 lolz. I really hope they do PS2 remakes, that will get me hooked to the thing. Already loved the PSP since you could port old PS1 games. I never owned a PS2 growing up so there's still plenty of great PS2 classics I have yet to play.

I'm going to stick to surfing Dealnews and Slickdeals for the time being, I'm not in a rush to get one but I also don't want to pay full price HA!

I own one and it's pretty awesome! I absolutely love the fluid the menu is. Feels much smoother than any iOS devices. The only Vita game I bought is Persona 4 Golden which I highly recommend. I played the original PS2 version but this one is an improvement in every sense of the word. Vita is also a really good system for playing PS1 games. I've tried playing FF6 on my PS3 with my 40 inch tv and it kills my eyes.

As some of you mentioned, the memory cards is the biggest issue. $60 for a 16 gig? Sony must be drunk.

They are doing PS2 remakes. They've been working on them for the past few months now. There's 20 or so up now. 

Yes, but you can only play them on the PS3 right now. I'm pretty sure sony is working on vita compatibility.. it's just a matter of time 

I wanted one so bad, but the price man the price. For its current price I'd rather get a PS3. I miss my PS3 so much. </3

No don't. Vita is a flop console.

And lack of good titles.

the games are either PS3 game clones

or just bad and unimaginative plus no backwards compatibility.

what he said basically. I honestly think sony will either merge vita and xperia (because vita is technically a smartphone with comfy gamepad) or will just shut their flop portable division completely.

unless they have a strong Japanese line-up planned for Q2 2013 that is so secret that no one heard about it so far (which I doubt tbh).

I find it kinda funny I haven't seen anyone playing sony handlehelds during my past 3 months in SEA.

I've still seen people carrying around PSP's around this time last year. this year. all 13-25 year olds are all stanning for iphones.

I haven't seen a single 3ds btw too.

I see more 3ds' than vita's myself but anyways that's irrelevant, the point is that the hardware itself is damn solid. It just needs more worthwhile games, not to mention back when ever the psp came to the states alot of people was calling it a "flop" too..  Point being it just took a little time for the system to get going. I'm hoping this might be the case for the vita too.

psp had only one serious competitor, now they both have to face apple, samsung, nokia and nexus.

my money went to .

if sony doesn't suddenly publish a dozen of AAA grade portable games through '13, next years smartphones would essentially make vitas hardware irrelevant.

I can agree with that, your'e right they need to do something.

All I can say is that I personally enjoy the system and think it's pretty fun.

I am jealous of some 3DS only titles (screw you, atlus & hope capcom goes bankrupt for not bringing a legit MH sequel to vita),

but I cringe every time I see realtime 3ds graphics, so I'll pass on that one.

I am jealous of some 3DS only titles (screw you, atlus & hope capcom goes bankrupt for not bringing a legit MH sequel to vita),

but I cringe every time I see realtime 3ds graphics, so I'll pass on that one.

But they will have new pokemon this October D;

Well that's what I am looking forward to anyway.

I have both consoles, and they mostly just sit on a shelf at home. D:

I actually have been carrying around my Vita with me though because I recently purchased DJ Max Tecnika Tune which is surprisingly difficult. The memory card does really bother me, I have a 8GB card and I've already had to reformat the card in order to do the download for DJ Max. I don't really play it enough to care about all my saved information, although it kind of sucks I have to start over in All Stars because I cleared it with everyone on hard mode which is proving to be more difficult than I originally remembered.

The 3DS I haven't touched in way too long, I can't even think what the last game I purchased for it was. D:

Most my my mobile gaming now-a-day happens straight from my phone. My phone's graphics are already I would say better than the 3DS and possibly better than the Vita, or at least on par. 

My phone's graphics are already I would say better than the 3DS and possibly better than the Vita, or at least on par.

I'm sorry, but no.

Sign in to follow this