Sign in to follow this  
lichtlune

Is visual kei officially dead now?

It's a matter of opinion. Changed, yes it has. Trends come and go, replaced. Died in your opinion perhaps because the type of music you once were into has many if not all disbanded or evolved. Also to note are the more underground bands versus the mainstream. and the many different types of visual music represented in different categories.

There are a lot of people who live in this sort of sad reality though.

The way the scene has formed isn't to my liking either. I dislike bands like MEJIBRAY, D.I.D or the neo-oshare group. But even here there are exceptions: for example, I rather enjoy UNiTE. It's what Number Girl said, it's all a matter of perspective.

Try Signal, they are really remind me the old VK bands. Pretty high level of playing and passionate. That's basically the only one group from last 1-2 years thats I really enjoy... :(

Well , yes , to be true VK is dead for a longer time than just from 2010 , it started in 2000 , and no in my opinion its not caused by oshare . Its caused by people who wanted to get famous and overused VK to get a fanbase . The problem is that none of todays bands knows any principles behind VK . There was one golden rule of VK , being unique and independent , and just a quick look on VK bands today shows that there are almost zero unique bands , Sadie and Nega copy DeG , the Gazette copy Kiyoharu , and there are a shitload of bands who even copy a copy .

So once more YES VK IS LONG DEAD , R.I.P. . But there are still some bands who try to bring back oldschool VK , check out Omega Dripp , they have potential , they dont look like a copy , and im 100% sure they are no copy of other band , cause no VK band played glam rock since 1999 .

BTW signal does not sound oldschool , they sound like DeG . OMG okay now i hear it , they are so lame ass rip off of DeG , seriously i dont see a reason to listen to a copy thats not as good as the original .