Sign in to follow this  
Furik

I don't know what to do.

Last night, my life partner (with whom I live with) was arrested and put to jail.

He is not at fault.

He got into an argument with his sister (who has reported documents of being mentally ill) and she self-inflicted her arms and went to the hospital.

Now there's a domestic case going on. He gets out "hopefully" Tuesday but this case is going to be ongoing.

My partner has no record of any kind and his sister has been in trouble with the law countless times.

I do not know what to do. I feel the only reason he is in jail is only for the sole reason that his sister is 4 months pregnant.

My partners brother, myself, their father, and my partners best friend are all witnesses to this incident.

His sister only has her self and her fiance.

I am heartbroken and unsure of what to do or how to help legally. There is nothing I can do, right?

If his sister has a history of mental instability, they'll take that into account.

That combined with his otherwise spotless record, his sister's previous encounters with the law and the number of witnesses you have should keep him from getting into too much trouble if any.

They shouldn't be able to keep him without solid proof that he actually did anything anyway. And unless she deliberately made it look as though another person had injured her, a medical professional should notice self-harm. Or is she blaming him for causing her to self-harm?

first off, sorry to hear about the event.

If i read it correctly, i believe the case are still on progress and haven't decided that he (your partner) are convicted on the court, yes?

If so. The best thing you can do legally right now probably just show up if the police will need you as one of the witness to tell what was happening at that time and stuffs.

Other than that, i am afraid not much you can do.

Good luck. And keep supporting your partner.

Thank you both for replying. It's a very serious time for me and i'm so upset. I didn't sleep at all last night and I doubt I will sleep until he comes home.

Yes, she did injure herself and my boyfriend would never ever touch anyone - especially his own pregnant sister.

We will find out more information (like court sentences) probably when he gets out Tuesday.

What bothers me is that she tried going to two hospitals yesterday and both released her as if she is in perfect condition with no physical harm.. so why was he even arrested? He willingly went to the police department last night when his brother called him saying an officer would like to speak to him.

There's no hard evidence whatsoever. I really don't know how the law enforcement system works on domestic violence charges.

I don't want to say they don't have a hard enough case on him that he'll be fine but there's still that slim chance because she's pregnant. She make up whatever she wants (because she's mentally ill) and feel like she can get away with it but her voice alone won't convince anyone unless there's clear proof, right?

Man, that sucks! But if there is a history of mental illness, than you are at an advantage. Judging from what you're saying the case against him won't be that hard, since they don't have any witnesses. Good luck!

Sign in to follow this