Sign in to follow this  
Flame-X

Kamelot

Kamelot++10+PNG.png

These guys are amazing. First album I've heard is Black Halo and I was hooked. One of the things I love about this band is Roy Kahn's voice. Such fantastic vocals that I don't think any other metal bands can surpass, but that's just my opinion. Songs I love are... march of mephisto, when the lights are down, Ghost opera, The human stain, and Farewell.

I can't wait for their new album, "Poetry for the Poisoned". Check out the new music video, The Great Pandemonium, below.

Black Halo is a decent release and by far their best in my eyes. I never listen to it though. It's just not good enough for that.

PFTP leaked a couple days ago. Loving it, personally. The Great Pandemonium is probably the worst song on it though.

I have a few songs by them. They're okay to me, but I haven't listened to all of their releases. I liked "Ghost Opera," and "March of Mephisto," but a couple songs I felt the melody could have been catchier : / . I guess I'll just never be an avid fan.

You should really give The Black Halo and Karma a few spins from the beginign to the end. They're both decent album, actually. The Ghost Opera is their worst release together with Eternity. On Ghost Opera Khan doesn't even try to do anything decent. You can hear he's just burnt out on that album. On The Black Halo and Karma karma on the other hand he's really showing people what he's capable off. He's simpley amazing on both of those.

I'm not a huge fan myself though. Two decent albums and lots of uninteresting stuff, but there's no doubt these guys have release a few quality album that deserves to be known. Easy peasy!

bought their newest album, got a great deal, just need to finally listen to it O_O

*edit I have the version with DVD, if anyone would like the DVD pm me ;)

I listened to their newest album. It was alright I guess; I'll have to listen more. Simone is better with Epica, but I did like her in Part II of Poetry for the Poisoned.

Yeah, I liked "Ghost Opera" better, but that song was really good.

I loved Kamelot, their show with Leaves Eyes back in Houston '07 is still the best concert I have ever been to, right on the stage. Got to meet Roy, Casey, and members of Leaves Eyes after the show too!

Alas, without Roy on vox, I fear the days of the fabled kingdom of Kamelot may be at an end... :(

Yep, that's the first song I heard by them. The video is really pretty btw. I also hear much similarity to Roy's vocals. Though I still like his voice more, and I especially love his lyrics. I've read somewhere that he was doing some solo project.

^ It's unfortunate he left the music business entirely, but I'm glad he's doing well and found something he can dedicate his life towards to.

Sign in to follow this