Sign in to follow this  
stylelover

MH doesnt work for me anymore. help?

so yeah.

mh doesnt really work me anymore in the last few days ~1 week and im really annoyed by now.

i dont really think that it has something to do with my internet connection, because any other site works just fine, but no one else seems to have the problem, so it must have something to do with me.

i did the usual stuff like testing other browsers, deleting cookies and router reset, but nothing helps.

its just really really really slow and most of the time it doesnt even load the sites completely. sometimes i just see the banner and then it loads for eternity.

and sometimes the timeout site appears and the site doesnt even load at all.

any other ideas?

Same problem here...it always take AGES until I'm logged in properly!

And nearly all my posts I did weren't published 'cause it always stopped loading :(

This is sooooo annoying to me :(

I really hope this post is going through this time....

This forum has server problems sometimes, I think this may be the case.

I guarantee that this is mostly likely your issue here. I'll look into doing something but I can't guarantee anything.

I know that there are server problems, but for me its like that 24/7.

Sometimes it takes like 5 minutes till the index page is fully loaded.

Of course there are times where everyone has problems or mh shuts down alltogether, but for me its permanent and i always ask at the minichat if other people have problems too.

It takes ages to load certain pages, such as the search page and member profiles. Other than that everything's pretty much always been fine for me.

well it seems to be a problem with my own network, because it works fine at my workplace, but i can use mh just fine with my tablet and/or iphone..

(i waited 15 minutes to write this message lol)

We are aware of the "slowness" of the forum in general. I do believe there is something funky going on with your end of the connection, as I've never experienced moments where I've had to wait 15 minutes to load a page. But in general, our server does need to be upgraded, we need a higher allotted amount of server RAM than we have now for the amount of active users we have on the website on a daily basis. On top of that, the more forum modifications we install, the slower and buggier the website will be. Why we've been trying to keep that on the low end.

To put it bluntly, I don't have the resources or money to upgrade the server on my own at this time, so I'm sorry but you're just going to have to deal.

Soon, I might put up a donation feature so we can upgrade the server if some of you are willing to chip in and help out with server costs. The donations go straight to our provider - I won't receive the money in any way or form.

I was going here to suggest a forum donation function, but it seems you already were on that track.

A lot of people use this site daily, and I'm sure many wouldn't mind contributing a small amount, I believe paypal can let you set up both one time donations and a running monthly donation as well, so you should probably look into that, I'm running a monthly donation on another site and its been working flawlessly so far.

Sign in to follow this