Sign in to follow this  
madygrain

ナイトメア (NIGHTMARE) new single「Deus ex machina」

Radio rip.

rOUyoHI34sY

Really calm deep-sounding interesting song. Nice to see a Nightmare song aiming to this envolving ambiance. They have not tried anything like this since anima.

Radio rip.

rOUyoHI34sY

Really calm deep-sounding interesting song. Nice to see a Nightmare song aiming to this envolving ambiance. They have not tried anything like this since anima.

The description got me interested and as much as the song sounds like something straight off LUNA SEA's catalogue, it might be, at least for me, their most intriguing output since anima. I'm far from being a fan though, so it probably doesn't say much whatsoever. Have they been sounding like this since switching labels?

Ugh, I can't wait this long. Best I've heard from them in a long time! Not saying they haven't released anything good recently, they have. It's just that this tops them all~ I love the serene atmosphere to this song, the guitar melody with the "fade in" fx just piles on more to that atmospheric feeling. Can't wait for this, or at least a better quality like that PV

I have to say that sounds like a grower! I thought it was nice, but I'll probably love it after a few listens. Really excited for the single now.

The description got me interested and as much as the song sounds like something straight off LUNA SEA's catalogue, it might be, at least for me, their most intriguing output since anima. I'm far from being a fan though, so it probably doesn't say much whatsoever. Have they been sounding like this since switching labels?

The've been doing several things, some influenced by older releases, other fresher for the band. Nothing they have been doing recently it's just like this, but they have released a couple b sides that are kind of close: Trauma (on Vermilion single, composed by Sakito) and アイリス (Iris, on Sleeper single, by ruka). アイリス is the most Luna Sea-sounding of both, anyway.

The've been doing several things, some influenced by older releases, other fresher for the band. Nothing they have been doing recently it's just like this, but they have released a couple b sides that are kind of close: Trauma (on Vermilion single, composed by Sakito) and アイリス (Iris, on Sleeper single, by ruka). アイリス is the most Luna Sea-sounding of both, anyway.

Listened to both songs (plus the a-sides) and I have to admit I actually liked them too. Thanks for the recommendations!

I also liked their last album, but I like this band so much I can not pretend to be objective about them, honestly. But judging by this new singles the next album seems a bit more focused on one single thing, so the ones that felt their last album was disconnected or random won't have that problem at all.

Sign in to follow this