Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

PSY

OB-UL979_0907ps_G_20120907001600.jpg

Park Jae-Sang is a South Korean rapper, better known by his stage name, Psy. He is popular for his humorous videos and stage performances, and has appeared on numerous television programs, including Good Sunday: X-Man and The Golden Fishery. His "Gangnam Style" video on YouTube is the most viewed K-pop video in history, still growing massively, the video surpassed 160 million views on September 13. To date it's also the fastest-viewed K-pop video, accumulating over 80 million views in the first 45 days.

9bZkp7q19f0

You have to admit, he's pretty catchy. Love the bassline in Gangnam.

I like him, and he is one of the K-Pop star

that i know who are Berklee Music School graduate.

The other being CL from 2NE1.

But i pity him a little on how many Westerners, especially in USA

taking him as some kind of fad or jokes.

I mean did you see what happen on Ellen?

^ Haven't seen what happened on ellen, but I get what you're talking about. He's drawing a lot of attention in the U.S and it is weird how they're saying how huge he is, yet they always seem to hint that he's just fad, or don't take him seriously as an artist. Even if being silly and humorous is part of his artistic style.

I like him, and he is one of the K-Pop star

that i know who are Berklee Music School graduate.

The other being CL from 2NE1.

But i pity him a little on how many Westerners, especially in USA

taking him as some kind of fad or jokes.

I mean did you see what happen on Ellen?

CL didn't graduate from berklee, Bom went there but I don't know if she took a leave of absence or if she graduated. It's certainly not CL though. She debuted with 2NE1 when she was 18 and she didn't go to uni from that time till now so she can't have graduated in America if she was in Korea the whole time.

Gangnam Style is a great single. Wish the version with Hyuna was a digital single. Tired of playing just the YouTube video.

Saw the ellen clip, but I'm not getting where people say they were making fun of him.

And this is boss:

He reaches #1 on the US iTunes chart.

Gangnam Style is a great single. Wish the version with Hyuna was a digital single. Tired of playing just the YouTube video.

For now at least:

http://offliberty.com/ :happy:

My girlfriend has been practising the dance and she's getting pretty good now, haha.

I love that video of the Korean grandma with what looks like her grandson, doing the dance. It's really sweet.

I think that PSY is a good person, just by judging from his Ellen appearance and nothing else. But At the same time I detest that this is the song that made K-Pop famous in America and I'll tell you why.

It's not even that the song is bad because I feel like, if I was allowed to listen to this song on my own terms, I'd like it a lot. It's got a great beat. It's the fact that no one out there, not one single American I've encountered about this, has given a fuck about the music or wanted to look any further into ANY K-Pop star's discography, let alone PSY's.

Essentially the point that I'm trying to make here is: Yes, it broke records. Yes, the song is catchy. But, no. No one gives a fuck at all. They look at this video and say (and I've HEARD people say things like this) "Look at the silly chink dancing like a horse" which is NOT okay. They buy the single because they think they're being silly and ridiculous instead of broadening their horizons into different musical genres.

I look at my friends who have listened to this song and suggest they look into other YG Entertainment artists like G-Dragon, BigBang, and my girls in 2NE1 and they just laugh. They aren't interested in the music or meaning behind any of the music, they just want to laugh at the silly horse man and I don't think that's okay because that isn't what the song is.

It isn't some stupid viral video made by some douche with too much time on his hands, it's made by a legitimate performing musical artist as a part of his career.

Also, I'm a dick about pronunciation. When people pronounce words wrong, it pisses me off. Especially if there's someone pronouncing it FOR YOU in a video behind your head, Ellen.

He doesn't say "oppan gang-nuhm style", so just pronounce it correctly and look like you don't have your head up your ass.

Sign in to follow this