Sign in to follow this  
taka

[Industrial] Nine Inch Nails

105466.jpg

official | myspace | wiki

Nine Inch Nails, also known by the acronym NIN or NIÈ, was formed in Cleveland, Ohio, USA in 1988 by Trent Reznor, the only constant member of the band. He is generally credited for popularizing the genre known as "industrial rock".

Born Michael Trent Reznor, he was raised by his maternal grandparents in Mercer, Pennsylvania. Reznor took up piano at the age of five and in high school took up the tuba and saxophone. During the early to mid 80s Trent played with various synthpop and new wave groups such as Exotic Birds and Option 30 before beginning his solo project.

Nine Inch Nails has issued six major albums. With the inclusion of Broken EP, the band's primary releases are:

1. Pretty Hate Machine (1989)

2. Broken EP (1992)

3. The Downward Spiral (1994)

4. The Fragile (1999)

5. With Teeth (2005)

6. Year Zero (2007)

Nine Inch Nails has also produced a number of EP's, remixes, and provided contributions to various movie soundtracks, including Tomb Raider, Natural Born Killers and Lost Highway. Trent Reznor provided the (largely ambient) soundtrack for the id Software game Quake.

In 2002, a live album (their second live release, the first being the video Closure Documentary) entitled And All That Could Have Been was released on DVD & CD, the Deluxe version of the CD came packaged with a mini album called Still. "Still" features several previously released songs in a stripped down, near-acoustic format, along with several other new compositions.

Historically, NIN releases have been assigned a "Halo" index number.

The current lineup of Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor, Josh Freese, Jeordie White, Aaron North, and Alessandro Cortini.Nine Inch Nails' lineup tends to change drastically between major tours. Aside from Trent Reznor remaining on lead vocals, nothing about the live band has remained constant since its inception.

A DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD of live material from the 2006 With Teeth tour was released in late February 2007 entitled Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You In Time. All three formats include 24 songs from the summer and winter 2006 tours, plus bonus material.

well, still trying to get into NIÈ (their 2Gb disco is waiting to be given a proper listen xD) but from what i've heard i can say that i like them.

and as the title says, is anyone else here likes/listened/interested in them?

I've heard like one song and it was pretty good, but that's all, lol XD Maybe i'll listen to their stuff more at dad's n__n

I have a weird relationship with NIN.

I mean, I like their music, but it's not like something I'd enjoy putting everyday.

Specially their earlier works.. I just can't get into them. :[

Their newest stuff is awesome, being A Perfect Drug... perfect. <3

i've heard only Year Zero album which i pretty loved and the song Closer which has awesome lyrics in the chorus oO so can't tell which stuff i prefer now but hopefully i'll be able to soon)

wtf they released another album! O_O

In my times they only had things 'till With Teeth.

The Fragile is totally the best, and it's double. <3

you're surely livivng in the past XP

they have at least 2 more releases after With Teeth and are gonna release something new in November (seems like a remix album of Year Zero songs).

okay, i'll try The Fragile, thanks)) and what do you mean by double?

i'm not a big fan of too much of their earlier stuff. I only like songs like head like a hole and closer and then i love the whole with teeth album <3

I don't listen to them that much but they were really great when I saw them at the Ankkarock festival here in Finland.

Year Zero was the shit. Better follow up after the hiatus than W_T.

However I couldn't get into Ghosts or The Slip.

The Hand That Feeds, Discipline, and Gave Up are my top 3 tracks by them.

Their Gave Up music video (not the studio one with marylin manson) is the most gruesome, disturbing thing I've seen. It's like a snuff film. Dir en grey PVs (Obscure for example) are a joke compared to this. I warn you, it's NSFL (not safe for life) category.

lol i think all music videos from Broken are disturbing.

Dare anyone to watch the films,

and see if you still have blood running up on your face after that :mrgreen:

Their Gave Up music video (not the studio one with marylin manson) is the most gruesome, disturbing thing I've seen.

there is another one? can't seem to find it :(

There is on YT, but age restricted and you gotta login to watch it.

Trent Reznor has announced that Nine Inch Nails will resume activities in 2013, and their live tour is planned to be held since 2013 summer/ autumn to 2014

Tracklist and cover revealed. 

5cintl.jpg

1. The Eater of Dreams
2. Copy of A
3. Came Back Haunted
4. Find My Way
5. All Time Low
6. Disappointed
7. Everything
8. Satellite
9. Various Methods of Escape
10. Running