CAT5

SoulSeek Renaissance

So yeah. With the advent of the new slskQT client, a few of my friends and I have started using slsk again. I know some of you are like "WTF? SLSK STILL EXISTS!!??", but my friends and I have started a fledgling community and invite anyone who has genuine interest in Japanese music (not just VK) to stop by, chat it up with us, and most importantly - share music! It'll definitely be worth your while!

Things are getting tougher to find online and Japanese music fans from various scenes are loosing touch with each other, so we're taking things back to the basics. For the pure love of sharing music - come check us out. Join the "MH BROCHAT" room. :lolita_love:

Oh man, using slsk to find Japanese music was so much easier back in '03/'04. Definitely going to stop by the room. :)

oh, totally missed this… I thought especially the Mac-clients went literally dead in the meantime.

I'll give it a new try in a few weeks I suppose (quite busy right now).

but yeah - a few years ago the j-inidie room was a very good source of hard to find gems (that was before the whole DDL flood though)…

thanks for the heads-up :)

SoulSeek confused the hell out of me when I first tried it out back in like 2003/4. I think I should be able to figure it out a lot easier this time around XD. I'll try and stop by the room some time soon.

I've been there for a long time now(obviously) as xvirus. If anyone from here wants at my giant collection of goodies, just send me a message on there and I'll add you to my list :3

I've been using slsk for years and it's good to see fellows from MH on it. My nick is chiya there and I share j-indies stuff. See you guys there. :)

Guest Magatsu

btw what's everyones username? mine is "nagashiwa" changed into "Ryu"

zomg this stuff is fast o_o

I'm ficsci there too

ahaha I remember the day when I downloaded Plastic Tree for the first time, it was from soulseek & took me all night to get just 3 songs (p_q) but it was worth it and I listened to them all day the next day

also, thnx @biopanda for SAKRUN

I finally joined slsk/the room and damn this looks different. lol somehow I spent over 10 minutes trying to figure out how to share my stuff.

Joined it today :3 (I actually never used soulseek before- when I was discovering file sharing the great era of soulseek was already at end so I never bothered about it.

as of now, there's no one in the slsk room except me. o.o"

Yeah, this slsk renaissance was basically just a short lived fad.