Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Dali will disband & best album release

Dali will disband after their one-man live at HOLIDAY OSAKA at 2012/11/25

their best album "ダリコレ(Dali-colle)" will be released at 2012/10/10 (4,200yen), which will include CD+DVD (including PV)

[CD track list]

01.25:54(SE)

02.25:55

03.hit parade

04.どピンクナンバー

05.星屑

06.S.O.S

07.印象派ポルノ

08.H.N[迷子]

09.イタミワケ

10.Heroine

11.a habit

12.—

13.アンプレザントリハビリテーション

14.りゅうせいこうば

15.スロウメロウ

[DVD track list]

01.Placebo

02.ant gallery

03.サニィ

04.hit parade

05.星屑

06.イタミワケ

07.印象派ポルノ

08.downer

09.ヨルノハテ

10.マイン

Dali was a really good band, but lately years they released almost nothing, and they became a "fun" band. So the disbandement is not surprise, but sad for me. I loved their melancholic songs.

Dali was my absolute favorite band! I can't speak for the Eastern sphere, but I take the distinction of biggest and longest (???) overseas Dali fan; since 2005, quite literally, from Day 0.

So, a few years ago (maybe even just one) this news would have been really depressing. But―maybe fortunately, I don't know―I've already come to terms with their disbandment several times over. They've spent the last three years teasing activity one month and then doing nothing for the next 11, so I am, at this point, unaffected.

What very little music (8 publicly-available songs since 2009) they've put out these past years has been great, but it's just not enough. From the perspective of a foreign fan, who can't attend lives, Dali has been an absurd exercise in disappointment.

In that vein, despite Dali being my favorite band, I'm neither surprised nor disappointed that they're breaking up. As weird as it is for me to say this, it is a relief to finally hear what may as well have been said in 2009.

Now, I can finally stop being disappointed over their apparent disinterest in growing as a band, and can finally stop stressing over live-limited releases that I have no chance in Hell of ever owning. But most importantly, I can finally stop holding my breath in vain, hoping that they'll somehow return to real activity.

I love Dali, but their time ran out long ago. I'm glad that they're finally facing that.

I remember back in 2006 someone uploaded two singles to a rotation website. One was GOZ VII(which I still listen to and love after all these years), the other Dali's first single, Antithesis. I was instantly in love with Jam, and had no idea the bands were visual kei, I just liked the music.

I followed Dali for some time until their first album, then lost interest. But I really liked their earlier sound, even though in hindsight the band wasn't all that good. Still, good memories with their music for me.

Oh and Sugar Forkful was really cool too.

Dali was my absolute favorite band! I can't speak for the Eastern sphere, but I take the distinction of biggest and longest (???) overseas Dali fan; since 2005, quite literally, from Day 0.

So, a few years ago (maybe even just one) this news would have been really depressing. But―maybe fortunately, I don't know―I've already come to terms with their disbandment several times over. They've spent the last three years teasing activity one month and then doing nothing for the next 11, so I am, at this point, unaffected.

What very little music (8 publicly-available songs since 2009) they've put out these past years has been great, but it's just not enough. From the perspective of a foreign fan, who can't attend lives, Dali has been an absurd exercise in disappointment.

In that vein, despite Dali being my favorite band, I'm neither surprised nor disappointed that they're breaking up. As weird as it is for me to say this, it is a relief to finally hear what may as well have been said in 2009.

Now, I can finally stop being disappointed over their apparent disinterest in growing as a band, and can finally stop stressing over live-limited releases that I have no chance in Hell of ever owning. But most importantly, I can finally stop holding my breath in vain, hoping that they'll somehow return to real activity.

I love Dali, but their time ran out long ago. I'm glad that they're finally facing that.

This.

I dunno what happened with them but they just seemed to loose interest in doing this stuff, either Dali or music itself.

Well, I hope Ren and Keeto still continue making music together. They've seemed inseparable since I don't know when.

Just wish, wish for any deity out there that Dali won't become like Phantasmagoria, doing revival lives 123546564 times after disbandment. Let them rest in peace.

Does this release contain the rare live only pv's songs, john?

The release contains 4 songs which could be considered “rare:”

- 25:54 (a brand new SE)

- 25:55 (live and web shop limited)

- D PINK NUMBER (live limited goods table privilege)

- Ryuusei Kouba (live distributed)

The only one that's actually rare is D PINK NUMBER. It's a rerecording of standard pink number, which was given to anyone who spent 3,000 yen at the goods table during Dali's live. (I have a rip of that up at headache show, if you need it.)

All other songs have been released on widely available CDs (and even 25:55 and Ryuusei Kouba are sold at regular stores now), so they're not rare at all. (FYI, a few of the songs are rerecorded versions from the band's previous best albums, the world is yours―but nothing has been rerecorded, remixed, or remastered specifically for this release.)

All PVs are previously released.

Well... they were one of my favorite UC bands back before their hiatus. So I should be sad I guess, but the quality/direction of their post-hiatus stuff wasn't my cup of tea at all (with literally 2-3 songs that I "kinda liked"), and they haven't been really active up-front with releases lately, so I'm kinda "whatever" about this.

Still, sad to hear them disbanding.

Sign in to follow this