Sign in to follow this  
zombie8mylunch

within temptation

I tried this band back when a friend gave me a recommendation to try Nightwish and they popped up under the "similar" category. This band never did much for me. I sat through parts of their Mother Earth album but most of it was flat and bland. I never did finish it either - I got bored by track three. I disagree on the point of den Adel being whiny and off-key - to me, she's the best part of this band. If I really had to sum up Within Temptation in a sentence or two, it's as if they take everything about Symphonic Metal and simplify it to the point where I can't really dig it. There's a lot of stuff going on, I'll give them that much, but none of it stands out or builds on one another or anything. It's just...there.

Tracklist for new album

01. Why Not Me

02. Shot In The Dark

03. In The Middle Of The Night

04. Faster

05. Fire And Ice

06. Iron

07. Where Is The Edge

08. Sinéad

09. Lost

10. Murder

11. A Demon’s Fate

12. Stairway To The Skies

Kinda love the new direction they went in, judging their new single

clK7UTpuuos

the cover however is fugly

withintemptationtheunforgiving.jpg

In The Middle of the Night sounds amazing. That preview of 30 seconds sounded better than everything else from the album so far.

And the album art is pretty awesome IMO. I don't understand the hate this is getting from fans.

The new album can be found on the internet right now. It's been released by iTunes already, I've been told. Not sure though. Either way, it can be found.

I'm pretty damn positive about it. Half of the songs are actually pretty predictable, starting with the first song already (Shot in the Dark), but they still feel like a fresh new wind from Within Temptation. In The Middle of the Night full version is fucking awesome. Listen!

This album has renewed my interest in this band. Makes me really want to listen to them again on a regular basis. Also to their older albums. It's just been too long they released a new album. Now it's here, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

This album is awesooooome, I loved every second of it. Murder is definitely my favorite.

The new one is with the woman in the belly shirt and the gun. It's called "The Unforgiving". It's a complete new sound compared to their first style, I really recommend it!

Went to their gig yesterday. It was so awesome. They were great with the audience, amazing setlist and the instruments and vocals sounded phenomenal. The guitar had a sound issue at a certain point, but they fixed that rather quickly. Sharon put on a great show as well, walking towards all parts of the audience. Whenever they saw people trying to take photos, they kept standing there a little longer so people could get a good picture.

Seriously, if this had been a Kiwamu gig about 200 people would've been attached to the mic stand. This is how it can also work, Kiwamu.

Setlist (if I'm accurate):

(Opening) Mother Maiden (Short Movie)

1. Shot In The Dark

2. In The Middle Of The Night

3. Faster

4. Fire And Ice

5. Ice Queen

6. The Howling

7. Our Solemn Hour

8. Stand My Ground

(SE) Sinéad (Short Movie)

9. Sinéad

10. What Have You Done

11. Iron

12. Angels

13. Lost

Encore:

14. See Who I Am

15. Mother Earth

Encore 2:

16. Stairway to the Skies

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, that cover album of theirs is bad.

Seriously, what the fuck is that? I seriously want to smash the head of each involved member into a wall until there's nothing left but goo on the ground and a bit of blood and brain in my hand. FUCK!

Sign in to follow this