Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

PROJECT MIXTAP3

Hi :3

By popular demand, I am proud to present you with the third installment of PROJECT MIXTAPE, known as PROJECT MIXTAP3. In case you're looking for the first two, you can find number one here and number two here.

The concept is rather simple. You put together a collection of tracks that you want other people to listen to and you post it here and wait for feedback and such. You can create a concept mix, you can create a mix to highlight a certain style of music, you can even just put a mix together for fun! Feel free to be as creative as you want!

If the past two threads are any indication of how popular this topic gets, it's told me that it gets really popular. Things actually tend to get a little haywire after a few pages! So we're going to put together a few guidelines so that we can keep things on track and so that no one's contributions get overlooked.

[*:1kx84t3x] Your mixtape must consist of a maximum of ten songs or a length of one hour, whichever is shorter. This does not include SE's. Past mixtapes that I've listened to have shown to me that 10-15 tracks per mixtape is quite a lot.
    [*:1kx84t3x] When posting a mixtape, be sure to include a title, tracklist, and a short description of what it's about. Feel free to include more, but we need that much at least. A popular thing to do is to also create and include your own covers.
    [*:1kx84t3x] You must review a mixtape before you post one. A review should consist of at least 2 to 3 sentences and should require some thought about what you liked, not just "I liked it!" or "That sucked!".
    [*:1kx84t3x] Put only mixtapes in the mixtape thread. Comments, reviews, discussion, all that good stuff goes in the discussion thread here.

To get you guys started, you can either take one of the mixtapes at the end of the last two or you can review the one that I'm going to post now. I'm bending that rule since my post/review ratio was something ridiculous like +5 on the last thread.

Zesshoku's Presents: interference demon

ImageImage

When it comes to mixtapes, I am a perfectionist. I've been working on this for the better part of a month and at some point today I got it in my head that I need to take a step back and just leave it be the way it is. Like my first mixtape I consider it to be a concept mix, although there isn't a story behind it like the first one. I still won't tell you what it's about though - if I do it ruins all the fun. ^__^

Let your mind run wild.

UPDATE: Now with .m3u file. Just play that and the mix should go.

leafwork - ambient1

ambient1%20cover400.jpg

No 'theme', as such - just a particular mood. Quiet, wistful melancholy. One for rainy nights and misty mornings.

01. Erik Satie - Trois Gymnopédies - Lent et Douloureux

02. Ulver - Eos

03. Max Richter - Shadow Journal

04. György Ligeti - Lux Aeterna

05. Erik Satie - Trois Gymnopédies - Lent et Triste

06. Stars of the Lid - Humectez la Mouture

07. Dale Cooper Quartet & The Dictaphones - Une Petit Cellier

08. Takahiro Kido - A Carefree Patient

09. Erik Satie - Trois Gymnopédies - Lent et Grave

m3u playlist included.

fitear1590's 3rd Mix: Weird, Wild, and with a Side of Wacky… Wtf Japan?

(artwork courtesy of Kago Shintaro)

1. バックドロップシンデレラ (Backdrop Cinderella) - ツェッペリンを聴きながら

2. ぐしゃ人間 (gusya ningen) - ゆーeye歌

3. ストロベリーソングオーケストラ (Strawberry Song Orchestra) - 狂れた埋葬虫、電波、赤マント!

4. OORUTAICHI - YORI YOYO

5. 女王蜂 (Ziyoou-vachi) - レザー

6. 愛狂います。 (Aicle) - くるくる。と胎児は廻る

7. THE ACT WE ACT - First inspiration

8. 神聖かまってちゃん (shinsei kamattechan) - 死にたい季節

9. Bogulta - 福一ータ来来来

10. 己龍 (kiryu) - 朱花艶閃

11. Kulu Kulu Garden - 上げ膳据え膳

:staru:DOWNLOAD! :staru:

For my third mix, I would like to highlight a style of music that I really enjoy: stuff that can be described as weird, crazy, erratic, strange, etc. (Of course, that is subjective, so this mix is naturally my understanding of those terms.) What you'll hear in this mix: loudness; wild vocals; creepiness; insane guitar riffs; weird instrumentation; high energy; all performed by Japanese artists of different genres/scenes. What I wanted to do was to introduce a mix of somewhat known and lesser known Japanese indie groups that play a unique, crazy style of music, but one that is still somewhat catchy and accessible. I didn't include extreme stuff like Merzbow, because frankly, that's beyond my realm of enjoyment. Hopefully, since my mix is only about 37 minutes, the mods will forgive me for having an extra track! So with that convoluted intro, let's get onto the bands!

1. バックドロップシンデレラ (Backdrop Cinderella) - ツェッペリンを聴きながら

Kicking off the mix, I chose something that definitely fits the mixtape’s style, but is a bit tamer than some of the other stuff. A solid indie rock track with some weird vocals and slappy bass. However, the second half of the song amps up the craziness! The "AHHHHHH" section reminds me of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song," haha.

2. ぐしゃ人間 (gusya ningen) - ゆーeye歌

gusya.png

Gusya ningen plays a dark, intriguing style of psychedelic rock. They often have creepy talking sections, as well as some rough screeches. Btw, this is "that band" that had a PV full of bloody noses and nose picking.

3. ストロベリーソングオーケストラ (Strawberry Song Orchestra) - 狂れた埋葬虫、電波、赤マント!

strawberrysongorchestra.jpg

An eroguro theater group. They have a band, featuring the usual instruments, a keyboardist, and dual vocalists. However a number of actors/actresses are also considered part of the band. Expect a semi-traditional Japanese influence, lots of chanting, and lots of energy.

4. OORUTAICHI - YORI YOYO

oorutaichi.jpg

To take a break from the more rock-oriented stuff that's played so far, we have OORUTAICHI with his extremely eccentric style of electronic folky world music. I'm pretty sure the singing is in a made-up language. Weird stuff, no doubt.

5. 女王蜂 (Ziyoou-vachi) - レザー

ziyoou-vachi.png

If you don't know Ziyoou-vachi yet, you've been missing out. This group has been making noisy punky goodness since 2009. The band features 2 black siblings (not exactly common in Japanese music) and the vocalist is transgender. If the band name (literally "queen bee") didn't clue you in, this band is all about the fabulous, with their glitzy, intricate outfits and flashy PVs. Vocalist Avu-chan often switches from baby-like "female" vocals to gruff "male" vocals, all while the musicians rock out in quite a frenetic, noisy fashion. Oh by the way, did I mention this band is signed to a major label? Pretty impressive.

6. 愛狂います。 (Aicle) - くるくる。と胎児は廻る

aicle.jpg

Aicle was always touted as "that garish oshare band with helium vocals". I swear, half the people that heard this band completely missed their one-of-a-kind psychotic style. Guitarist Rubi is a god. Listen to those creepy, crawly guitar riffs around 00:38 and 00:43. Those kinds of intricate riffs continue throughout the song, as vocalist Emiru belts out his infamous helium vocals and growls. An acquired taste for sure, but the combo of Rubi/Emiru really made Aicle a force to be reckoned with. Too bad they didn't maintain this style and they disbanded...

7. THE ACT WE ACT - First inspiration

theactweact.jpg

These nerds can get loud. THE ACT WE ACT plays extremely loud, cacophonous experimental rock. Lots of shouting. However, what sets them truly apart is their noisy saxophonist. Definitely not something for everyone, but I love their ambition and energy.

8. 神聖かまってちゃん (shinsei kamattechan) - 死にたい季節

shinseikamattechan.jpg

Shinsei kamattechan (meaning something like "divine attention whore") plays anthemic power-pop. What makes this band so zany is, frankly, the fucked-up vocals. There's a chaotic, raw Jun Togawa-esque energy here. You'd think that these obviously female sounding vocals would come from that female member in the picture. Nope, the male singer (the guy on the right, I believe) pitch-shifts his vocals to create this layered and scary mess. I love it.

9. Bogulta - 福一ータ来来来

bogulta.jpg

Bogulta are a "hardcore electro punk" group. The members are from Zuinosin, if you’re familiar with them. They give this mix the loud, electronic edge it needs. Bizarre, in-your-face, and fun, with a dark edge.

10. 己龍 (Kiryu) - 朱花艶閃

kiryu.jpg

Kiryu are one of the remaining saviors of the stagnant era of neo-VK, imo. They have a "traditional Japanese" influence in their dark, wacky sound. Once again, the vocalist (Mahiro) is an acquired taste, but he's good at what he does (one of those "not-the-best-singer-but-awesome-vocalist" scenarios). Musically, this song has a creepy intro, some insane guitar riffs and a bangtacular (albeit too short) bass/drum interlude, right before the solo. This band definitely has some screws missing, in the best way.

11. Kulu Kulu Garden - 上げ膳据え膳

kulukulugarden.png

Unfortunately, Kulu Kulu Garden has disbanded, but I thought they had a lot of potential. They combine aggressive guitars and a mix of soft vocals and rowdy Midori-ish yelps. The song starts off rather “tame” but builds up and gets noisier and more interesting as the song goes on. I think it’s a worthy closer to the mix.

By the way, this mix can also serve as a recommendation starting point. If you know of some bands that seem to fit this definition of “weird/crazy, yet accessible,” please pass them my way! Hopefully you will discover a few bands that you’d like to look into more and it'd be great if learned some more bands too!

Enjoy the mix and please leave some feedback on the PROJECT MIXTAP3 DISCUSSION Thread!

Biopanda Mixtape 2~Angel's Breath~

fNaed.jpg

Tracklist:

01 Intro

02 SUZZY&CAROLINE - Winter love song

03 16,Piano - Silence

04 桜-SaKuRa- - 僕の故郷に降る雪

05 L'luvia - SLEEPING PRINCESS~眠れる森の君~

06 MELODY - 魔法のメロディー

07 Neo Sonic Arts - レインボーバス

08 GREAT CONFUSION - カーニバル

09 Dear Loving - Because

10 Angelique - morning glory

11 VIRTUE - Lupinuss

12 Outro

Download

There is a bit of a vague theme going on here(and no, the theme isn't "Hey look at all these bands that broke up ages ago", but that does apply for most of the bands here :v). I'll probably work on another one eventually that's a complete 180 from this XD

:rawk: The Not-so-usual-metal-Mix :rawk:

As the title says, I wanted to put some metal together that is a bit more unusual and/or has a bit of a twist. Thus, the music on here falls into the broader genres of avantgarde/progressive/atmospheric/folk metal. And all bands are from different countries, too.

It includes both "heavy" and "slow/melodic" stuff, but you still should have a taste for metal, don't mind long songs and be opendminded for music that is a tad bit more experimental.

It's not the "easiest" mix, so I'm curious to see if anyone is willing to review it. XD

Since I'm not very good at labeling music, I will use top last.fm tags as a guideline for you.

1. Thy Catafalque - Csillagkohó

Tags: avant-garde metal, black metal, progressive metal

A hungarian band/project that very skillfully mixes influences from metal and electronic to make insanely intensive music. My favourite song by them is actually 18 minutes long, but... I didn't put it on here. XD

2. Dark Suns - The Sad Song of the Elephant Man

Tags: progressive metal, progressive death metal, doom metal

Just some nice catchy progressive song, reminiscent of Pain of Salvation.

3. Aiumeen Basoa - Akelarrearen Sua

Tags: folk metal, pagan metal, black metal

This band is just insane. Labelling it as "folk metal" or "Black metal" doesn't even begin to do it justice. Yes, it starts as a very sweet folky song, then it suddenly erupts into black metal, goes back to a folk song, and then out of nowhere it changes into a proper jazz tune, only to end in some nifty progressive drum solo. Oh yeah, and they sing in Basque.

4. Solefald - Eukalyptustreet

Tags: avant-garde metal, black metal, post-black metal

A very nice, jazzy song that starts very slow and builds up very epicly.

5. Mar de Grises - Shining Human Skin

Tags: doom metal, death doom metal, death metal

Intensive, atmospheric sonf with both harsh and clean vocals.

6. Wormfood - Salope

Tags: dark metal, avant-garde metal, progressive death metal

One of the slower songs on the mix, but with a very nice build-up.

7. Winterhorde - The Curse of Gypsy

Tags: black metal, melodic black metal, progressive black metal

Probably the most "conventional" song on here. Basically symphonic black metal, but with some nice progressive/folky elements... and a seriously epic ending part.

8. Ancient VVisdom - The Opposition

Tags: occult rock, death rock, psychedelic

Something nice and melodic to end the mix.... and it's accoustic, so probably not really metal, BUT I DUN CARE!

sooo, since the "back to the future"-forum-episode swallowed up my mixtape-post from a few hours ago i'll try to recreate it once more although presumably quite a bit shorter... :P

and this time i'll save it in a *.txt document aswell^^

the "theme" if you'd like to call it that way is more or less the name of it. i tried keeping it in the rock/metal corner to make it consistent, so i didn't include equally dark and sinister electro/house/wave-tracks

01. Kill My Bleeding Smile - The Great Dead

Genre: Psychedelic Doom

Great dark Band from Osaka. flawless tones and guitarwork and just beautifully crafted songs and moods

02. Mare - They Sent You

Genre: Progressive Sludgemetal/Doom

Sort of the Blueprint for the Band above. this song in particular starts of with mindblowing vocalworks until suddenly starting to push a full fledged instrumental sludgemetal epic

03. Chelsea Wolfe - Moses

Genre: Dark Folk

one of the less loud songs, singer/songwriter folk from america with the ultra-moody chelsea wolfe, pitchblack nonetheless

04. MUCC - Soushin no Koe

Genre: NoiseRock

You already know them i guess. it's stunning how great they once were, a song dripping in distorted creepieness that in its progression sends shivers down ones spine. even more depressing to see what a huge pile of crap they've become recently...

05. Pelican - Mammoth

Genre: Post-/SludgeMetal

from a youtube-comment to the song: "if you've reached a chord that heavy, you fuckin' stick with it!". this is an accurate description. man what a fuckin' steamroller of a song this is

bonusquotes: "i like these chords, all two of them", "this song is a little fast for me", "I heard Pelican use the Hoover Dam as an amplifier", "this song has its own gravity field"

06. Shining - 21st Century Schizoid Man

Genre: Progressive Jazz-Metal/Noise

a Cover of a king crimson song. so it's basically pretty bluesy in feel but at the same time utterly utterly unnerving and stressing to really live up to it's name. also best use of a saxophone in rock music i've ever come across

07. Electric Wizard - We Hate You

Genre: Stoner-Metal

after the weirdness of "shining" something more down to earth. a jewel form their 2000 stoner-metal-milestone "dopethrone"

08. Sun O))) & Boris - The Sinking Belle (Blue Sheep)

Genre: Ambient Rock

Another pretty quiet song on the Mixtape. something that neiter of the two bands is known for but which stands as the centerpiece of their epic Collaboration-Album "Altar". not really that dark, more like melancholic... super-melancholic actually

09. Converge - Jane Doe

Genre: Hardcore/SludgeMetal

a Masterpiece from the now 22Years active Converge. i don't really like their other more hardcore stuff, the shout sort of put me off. but this track is just hypnotically great in all it's glory. after all of its 11+ minutes there's nothing left to say.

Songs from some metal bands I've currently been into. There's some technical stuff, some death, sludge, experimental and melodic stuff. There's no actual theme that ties the songs together, however most of them either are, or have a progressive metal feel to them. I wouldn't call it call it a typical selection, but if you like the heavy stuff , there's plenty of material to headbang to.

Metalz

th_Metalz.jpg

1.Pitch Black Universe

2.And Their Eulogies Sang Me To Sleep

3.The Ancient Covenant

4.Contact

5.Complex Terms

6.Recreate

7.Liquid

8.Veil Of Maya

9.Stargasm

10.Tired Climb

Updated link with a new url since I realized the tracks were having an ordering problem. Tis fixed now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gy53vkgy8p9xabp

The band list

1.Before The Dawn

2.The Agonist

3.The Faceless

4.The Contortionist

5.The Human Abstract

6.Born Of Osiris

7.Mnemic

8.Cynic

9.Mastodon

10.Kylesa

The 2nd time I'm posting a mixtape:

Chaotic Mind

CMCoversmall.jpg

1. Fantômas - 04/08/05 Friday

2. R-Shitei - Dokumoru

3. Bethlehem - Aphel - Die schwarze Schlange

4. ONOMATOPEEE - Ciao000ooooOOo0o0oOO!!!!!

5. System Of A Down - Johnny

6. Knorkator - A

7. Hiviya Katan - bluedrug

8. Serpentine Ghost International - THE NORMAL LIFE

9. Buckethead - The Hand

10. John Zorn - Litany IV

Chaos, antinomy, noise, insanity - those are the main aspects of this mixtape -

all of them in different forms reaching from insane vocals to strange compositions.

From creepy sounds to hard-to-identify walls of noise.

I recommend to listen to the songs in the right order.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?730j14186bib7m9

Guest Magatsu

:angely:RYU'S MIXTAPE :angely:

:3DRAGON'S WORLD :3

cover-1.png

TRACKLIST + bit-rate & description

01 LOUDNESS - So Lonely [320 kbps]

02 Calmando Qual - untitled [100 kbps] (live recording from live streaming)

03 Janne Da Arc - Diamond Virgin [320 kbps]

04 Acid Black Cherry - Yes [320 kbps]

05 You (Feat, Hachiya Koto) - Truth of Life [320 kbps]

06 DAMIJAW - DAMIJAW GA AISHITA MARIA [320 kbps]

07 BLACK LINE - FOXY [160 kbps] (rip from Audioleaf)

08 PIERROT - HELLO [128 kbps]

09 NEXTRADE - Self Believer [100 kbps] (Youtube Rip)

10 TAKIHIDE - Saishuushou - Bronze Zetsuai -1989- [128 kbps] (anime song)

Don't worry about the quality, it's still good for your ears!

It start with 2 very emotional soft playing beautiful songs, then it goes a little bit more harder and harder. And the 2 last songs are softer too.

It are one of my favorite 10 songs.

Please enjoy it!

The 1st song you can relate this really to the death of the their Drummer. Who passed away because of liver cancer.
The 2nd song from Calmando Qual was also avaible at CD. However this is the version who they have played live at a talk show in 2011.

It's a special song for all victims of the big earthquake and tsunami in 2011.

I did choose this version Because it has no drum and bass. Only Hibiki on Vocal and Tak on Guitar.

I really hope that you enjoy the song.

And no I will not share the CD released one.

The 9th song is from a pretty young band. they are a little bit longer then 1 year together now.

I really do love the music. But they don't make it yet possible to purchase their music.

The 10th song is from an Anime. Boylove Anime. But it's a really beautiful song.

The lyric is so beautiful. so damn amazing. and the tune. I really do love it.