Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

Do you guys still try out all new j-rock releases?

Most visual kei made after 1999 or so tends to be so awful that I make an active effort to avoid it. I keep up with Aion and Vrain and not much else.

I used to download a lot of new releases about 2~3 years ago, but I totally gave up on new VK-bands.. Almost all music I listen to now is from about 7~8 years ago, so most of those bands are already disbanded. Nowadays, if I find something new and interesting at YouTube, I just download all the band´s songs at once and don´t follow the band anymore. I don´t have enough time for that, and most of the time it´s not even worth it.

Guest Magatsu

not at all.

I only follow the bands who I think are good. but most VK bands sucks anyway so I skip them LOL.

Only if someone say HEY check it out. I check it out.

I'm on a other forum where users post videos to bands.. and maybe I only liked 1 band.. in the past months lol XD

And I was never someone who did download/buy all releases I got get ^^"

When it comes to VK, I rarely try many new bands any more. Unless I hear a certain amount of buzz about them. Too much crap I don't feel like wading through, lol. However, in general I'm always looking for new stuff, so if it ~looks~ interesting, I'll probably try it.

If this question pertains to visual kei only, then my answer is "no".

The reasons for this are simple: I'm not that much into the scene anymore and there aren't many bands that I follow closely. I've gotten over the "sound" associated with visual kei and every other band that pops up these days sound interchangeable with the next one to me, so unless a band does something to stand out immediately within the first 10 seconds of a sample they have I just move on past them. I also can't rely on general consensus to weed out things I would like from things I wouldn't, because I find that there are just way too many people that say everything is "epic" and "good". When it comes to up and coming new visual bands, there are a few people here who know my tastes better than I know them and have musical tastes that I respect a lot and when they recommend me bands to listen to (infrequently, but it happens), it's usually something that I would enjoy. That's mainly the only way I find new visual bands.

Bands outside the visual kei scene I am a little more receptive to, and I probably can say I do try out all the new releases I hear of. I can only do that because my pool of artists outside the scene are very small and I do not know of places like Monochrome Heaven for those scenes, so I'm not exposed to a torrent of new material like our download section. If I were, I'd probably be in the same boat as a lot of the people here as I too don't have all the time in the world to listen to new music like I used to.

Im the same way.

Guest mitsubana

No... Well, if it's a band I like, I'll see if there are any samples of music or PVs to check out, but not so much anymore. Randomly I'll give something a try here and there, but not often.

Not anymore unless they are really interesting lol

Just tired to feel dissapointed.

First few releases usually cool and original but then they join a more settled label then things going down hill from there.

So I will only keep what I know were making music I enjoyed than being experimental any more.

Have only recently started listening to new material after joining the ORZ. I used to find a new musician, download one item and stick with that. My library used to be pretty small by looking into only a few bands/artists. Now I try to look into as many new releases across the genres I'm into so I can keep contributing as a OR. 

Sign in to follow this