Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

BEWARE OF THIN ICE

Have some of you, active nordic travelers ever wondered that why most nordic/Northern European tvs had less/never had any kind of PSAs (Public Service Announcements, google it if you don't know) for childrens' shows (I bet the older generation here in MH used to watch TMNT and GI Joe PSAs back in the day) ? I'd like to give one of the prime examples as the answer to that question - the old Finnish PSA for kids back in the 80s - which was remade later in 2000/2001. Why? Just check it out

And the name of this PSA is, surprisingly enough, "Look out for the weak ice" "Beware of thin ice", which is also the only spoken line in this clip:

bpjR5a7IXUU

Creepy as hell, and yes, it's real.

Most PSAs might have been either retarded or questionable in terms of "the necessary message" but this took "good ways of advising the younger generation" way too far. It's just that traumatic...

EDIT: this PSA was meant for late evening on-air plays in a popular childrens' programme called "Pikku Kakkonen" ("The little (number) Two" :wat: )

LOL, after I saw this thread's name, I was already thinking about Pikku Kakkonen. D'aww, the show sucks nowadays. 8<

P.S. If you ask any Finn, who has born after 1990, to sing this serier' opening tune, THEY WILL.

omg that muzak is the ost of my life.

love how they had a proper twitter mascot 30 or something years before twitter rolled out.

love everything about it. so creepy.

Sign in to follow this